Sunday 27 August 2017

A Christmas One Sheet Wonder....

NB:  PHOTO HEAVY

Have you heard of a One Sheet Wonder template?  I have seen them for a 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper to make a lot of cards.... but this week I found a template for a 6 x 6 sheet... (thanks to Meg Daves- I Teach Stamping)  I don't have much 12 x 12 paper, but PLENTY of 6 x 6 pads! 



I need to kick start my Christmas card making and thought that this would be a great way to get some done.


Usually I use A4 card stock (8.25" X 11.75") cut in half for my bases not US size which you need for these cards using the template.  Luckily I had two sheets of Hero Arts card (8.5" x 11") and could use the A4 Kraft card to cut the mats - which were 4" x 5.25".  The main 6 x 6 PP was from the Christmas This & That by Echo Park paper pack.  I used a piece of American Crafts red card for my punched edges and layering mats.  The Santa images were from A Vintage Christmas pack by Meg's Garden.  The oval and rectangle with the stamped sentiments (A Kaisercraft stamp set) were scraps from cutting the mats.   So a very economic way to make some quick cards.






















I added a strip of embossing to the top of one of the cards, some ribbon on the Santa ones and some bakers twine on the other two. 

And while I had my PP out I made a few more Christmas cards





These two used PP from the paper pack by Meg's Garden - A Vintage Christmas.


The paper for this one is from Turtle Dove pack by Kaisercraft.  I added a sentiment from a Catherine Pooler stamp and added a shimmery die cut in the corner.

If you've managed to get to here.... thanks very much for hanging in there.  I do appreciate your visits.   Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris, these are all beautiful!

Betty said...

fantastic way to get those chritstmas cards done - all such pretty cards!!

Inkyfingers said...

Such lovely cards Dawn and you've inspired me to pull out some of my enormous stash of patterned paper that I so rarely actually use!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a clever way to create all of these beautiful cards, Dawn! I love your choice of papers and holiday elements that you chose for them, too!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what beautiful cards, Dawn!

sodell said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this!!!! I, too, have a gazillion 6x6 paper pads, and need to really get a jump start on Christmas cards (my goal was to make 10 a month starting in January, ya, well, maybe I'll make that happen next year!). I love and appreciate it so much when clever and talented papercrafters share their ideas and projects. Your cards turned out simply gorgeous! I love the paper pad you used! I wish I had that one, too!
Thanks again, -Stacy

creationsnz said...

What a great idea, TFS. CarolG

Unknown said...

I love your choice of papers and holiday elements that you chose for them, too!


หนังจีน

Anonymous said...

Wonderful one sheet wonder, I love the 6x6 size, great cards!