Monday 19 June 2017

Stamp of Approval Box has arrived.....

I decided to give myself a birthday present and purchased the latest Stamp of Approval box.   And it arrived Friday.  I had ordered on for my friend as well but when she arrived to pick it up -  2 dies weren't in the box ... however the support team advised me that they will get them in the post Monday...

Anyway I got a couple of cards done over the weekend...

there is a bit of a story about this first one.  It started life as single layer card.... made for a challenge at StampNation - black, white and a colour.  The blue is the new All That Jazz colour in the box.  Such a pretty teal colour.   I had done my masking and stamped the wild flowers - first and second generation stamping and then stamped the script along the bottom... I didn't check the orientation of the stamping and realised it was upside down.   I had put too much effort into it so a change of design...and a layered card.  I cut off the bottom piece and put it up the correct way and layered onto some black card.   

My second card is a bit more graphic


I used a small stamp from the Medallions set and stamped it in various colours of Catherine Pooler Inks.  I then die cut the Spirograph die from spotty vellum, embossed the wishes and added a die cut best.   Very simple but effective. 

I did another one late this afternoon, but still have to photograph.    The box is AMAZING with so much in it... 3 4x6 stamp sets, 1 bigger one, three dies, a glitter embossing powder and an ink pad...  so many different ideas. 

Hope you all had a great weekend.  I celebrated  my birthday with a family dinner out at a very up market restaurant.  Sails is very nice.... Hubby had organised a cake and we took some photos of us before we left for dinner.




thanks for visiting today


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a wonderful birthday present to yourself Dawn - and what great use you have already made if it - love that top card in particular!!
I 'shouted' myself some brushos recently - had a play late today, and although they took a bit of getting used to, I enjoyed it, and got one sheet of colour looking really great - to my eyes anyway :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

Happy Birthday, Dawn! It looks like you had a lovely celebration with your family...your cake looks amazing, too!
Your cards are so pretty...I especially love your inking on the first one...WOW! Good for you to buy this kit for yourself:) I'm loving the font on the sentiment!

Monika Reeck said...

you have a great looking Son...great mix from you and hubby
nice cake so sweetttt
I want one slice please
and the cards are adorable
I want that BEST dies
so adorable and love the colors too
your card more and more beautiful Dawn
love love

Greta said...

What beautiful BD photos! Sounds like a wonderful celebration, Dawn! Your cards are lovely! The first one is a beauty & the second one is such fun!