Wednesday 22 March 2017

Hero Arts Black Butterfly

It's my day to share at A2Z scrapbooking today and I am continuing with our theme of using a stencil on your project....

The other day I saw a video by Ingrid Blackburn where she used embossing paste with a stencil, shook on some Colourbursts/Brusho's and spritzed with water.  I have something called Pixie Powder which is similar to these with lots of mica powder in them.   I thought I'd give it a go.



It has produced such a pretty pale pastel background as I went lightly with the powders.  Did get a bit of seepage but it adds to the whole look.    I have used Hero Arts Swirl Stencil (currently out of stock but you can do a special order - check out the store HERE)

Once my panel had dried, I die cut it with a rectangle die from DieNamics (MFT) and layered onto black then onto a white base.  I die cut the Hero Arts Butterfly Fancy Die from black card.  The sentiment is from THIS Hero Arts stamp and die set.  (currently on sale in the A2Z store!)

Remember if you go shopping to use code Dawn15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  And don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!

Plus during the month of March, we’re giving you a second way to win a $25 Gift Certificate to the a2z Store! Just comment on any blog posts here in March.
We’ll do a random draw from the blog comments during the month of March for one gift card. You can enter once a day by commenting on the blog post and earn up to 31 chances to win! If you’re feeling it, you’re welcome to enter both the Hero Arts with Stencils challenge and the commenting challenge…maybe you’ll win both!



6 comments:

Betty said...

wow!! that background turned out so beautifully and perfect with the black butterfly Dawn!! lovely card!

Greta said...

I really love how this turned out, Dawn! Still need to get something made for the challenge & you've inspired me!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - a great technique and a very pretty result!!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Loveee that BG..fot together with that bfly...I just have a bit time n comment from my smartphone...just a little catch up Dawn..hope you like it..hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

Stunning result Dawn, such a fabulous effect. CarolG

Michele Gross said...

Really pretty! The black butterfly really makes the colors pop :)