Saturday 12 November 2016

A productive Friday night....

Friday night, hubby out with the boys, what's a girl to do?  

Why craft of course!

And that's just what I did.  I started by making 10 mini file boxes - tutorial here at Splitcoaststampers. 



I used 6 x 6 PP from Rosie's Studio that was patterned kraft - it's nice and sturdy.  The embellishments are stickers from a the $2 shop.   I am going to fill the boxes with little bags of handmade chocolates.   I was surprised how quick these were to make once the first one was done... so stinkin' cute too.

I also spend some time checking out FB... and saw a replay of a Face Book live by Gina K where she used some inks and Tim Holtz stencils to make a quick card.  I just loved these and as I had the some of the same stencils she used... I just started playing and suddenly 4 more Christmas cards made!


These two used the same stencil - just did different colour schemes.   All my sentiments are from Kaisercraft. 



And these two used a Holly stencil.  I used a stencil brush on the last one and sponging for the other one together with some splatters of orange ink.  

Just love the Dr Seuss sentiment on my final card.  It comes from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"   And how true is that!

So a bit of a fun evening while alone at home. 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by...

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow! Fabulous makes, Jo x

Betty said...

looks like you had a fun evening - love those little boxes.

CinnamonSally said...

Very productive evening Dawn, love your boxes and your stenciled cards are fabulous.

Greta said...

Oh boy do I wish we could have done Girl's Night together! I absolutely adore the little boxes, Dawn--these will be treasured! Love the stenciled cards, too--gotta check that video!

Monika Reeck said...

I should try to make that box
Wonderfully made Dawn
And the stencil and color you used made a perfect christmas card
Love them all

creationsnz said...

The boxes are cute, but LOVE those cards!!! CarolG

Barb Ghig said...

Your mini file boxes are so cute, and I LOVE how you played with your stencil! Your cards are so elegant!