Wednesday 28 September 2016

Beautiful Quotes from Altenew

I was happy to get my latest Altenew parcel yesterday.  I ordered two new stamp sets and one lot of new ink cubes.  I got Beautiful Quotes and Best Mom stamp sets and just had to make a card last night. 


I stamped the flower from the Best Mom set with Memento Black ink and coloured with some Faber Castell  basic pencils and Gamsol mineral spirits to smooth it out.    I added the Beautiful Quotes with Versafine Onyx Black.  I matted it onto some hot pink card and then onto the card base.  The little dots were made previously with some 3D Liquid Pearls and added with some dots of glue to the card.

I love that this came together really quickly.  I've been watching some colouring videos and am happy with the results of leaving some white spaces on the images.

I've been a bit quiet lately as I've been full of a cold and coughing.  Earlier in the month I had a bout of pneumonia and a night in hospital and I thought I was all over it.. but I picked up another bug and for the last 6 days have been feeling like shite!  Slowly improving.  Plus I've been working on some "secret" stuff.   - I can share later in the week.   

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are gearing up for an exciting weekend, with World Card Making Day - which does seem to turn into a whole of creating.  I'll be doing as many challenges as I can fit in... there's some at StampNation, Winnie and Walter and lots of other blogs

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn that 'cold' sounds horrible - take care!!
Love your card, it really is very pretty and beautifully coloured.
DH is now home from hospital and life a little less fraught...
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

beautiful card Dawn - so CAS and classy - and take care of yourself and feel better soon

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, I hope you feel better soon, sounds like you have had a rough time of late.

Greta said...

Wonderful sentiment & beautifully colored image, Dawn! I'm so bummed--of all the days to have to work--it's Saturday! Oh well, hopefully some challenges will last at least 24 hrs.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lovely card Dawn! I hope to get some cards made this weekend for WCMD! We have a long weekend in Melbourne!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear so many lovely post and I am so behind...this flowwr is adorable...
Lovely sentiment too..
Beautifully made Dawn.