Tuesday 20 September 2016

Autumn cards...

It might be Spring where I live, but it's going to Fall/Autumn in the North Hemisphere and lots of the current challenges out there are all about moving from Summer to Fall. 

So I have two Fall/Autumn cards to share today.

First up is the card I sent to LaVon as part of the September CCC - Deborah is unwell and Gail is assisting her.  I used the sketch that Deborah had designed. 


The leaves are from an older Hero Arts set which I embossed and then coloured with watercolours, before fussy cutting.  The sentiment is from a freebie set.  Finished with some sequins.

My second card uses the same embossing folder

 This time I had done some watercolouring on the background before embossing.  The leaves were die cut from old book pages with Tattered Leaves die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  I used a variety of distress inks to sponge on them.  Sentiment is from a Winnie & Walter set.  

Although it's Spring here and Daylight Saving starts this weekend, it has been a bit wintery with some heavy rain and wind lately.  Hoping for some nicer weather coming.

Thanks for stopping by.  I really appreciated all of my visitors.

5 comments:

Betty said...

love to make fall cards and yours are so pretty - the leaves on the book pages are so cool!

Dotty Jo said...

Two beautiful cards! Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Dawn - they are both really eye catching!! I have just made a 'fall' themed card too. Yes, we too are a bit 'over' the weather at the moment.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

I love your first one = CAS card
and the second one great idea with newspaper and leaves
sweet card both Dawn

Greta said...

Gorgeous Fall cards, Dawn! I love that embossing folder!