Sunday 17 July 2016

Stamping with MISTI and Altenew flowers....

Saturday I got to spend time crafting with my group of friends.  We haven't meet for quite some time... life  has been busy for all of us.  We had an awesome day catching up with what's been happening with us all, sharing stamps and ideas and of course, a fabulous lunch.  There were 5 of us  this time... a nice number.  I took along a few of newer stamps and the others stamped off a few to make up later. I got onto starting the cards for my commission.. got a production line under way and got 5 done.   Then it was play time.   I showing my friends my MISTI and how you can use it to do stamp layering.

Still practice needed... but getting there.  I used Altenew Inks to do my layering.   I used the "You" set from SOA to stamp the sentiment.  Thanks to Helen who had a perfect piece of purple card to make the mat.

And I did some CASEing.  My friend Suna had given me a beautiful card as part of our NZ technique swap.    Here it is
And she made the envelope as well....  I asked if I could CASE it as I loved the design.

Here is my card


I used the same design, similar washi tapes and I used purple leaves.  I changed up the flower, using one from Altenew Peony Scrolls together with the leaves from the set.  I added a sentiment from Hero Arts. This is heading off overseas to my June CCC partner.

Hope you had a great weekend.  I'm hanging in there to get the latest SOA kit that I won.  I've had notification that it has been posted :-)

6 comments:

Betty said...

love your cards Dawn - wish i had that peony stamp - whatever is done with it is so gorgeous - and you will never regret getting a MISTI - i use my all the time!!

Lin said...

Sounds like a fun time, Dawn - and I love the cards you shared with us, especially the CASEd one - it is gorgeous! And I echo Betty - why I waited so long to get my Misti, I don't know - I use it on EVERY card now!

stampingandstitching said...

Sounds like a fun get together with your friends, Dawn! Both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous and Suna's card and envelope are beautiful! Congrats on your win!

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohhhh - lucky you to win an SOA box!! Congratulations. Love your peony card, and your CASE of Suna's card is lovely.
I am starting use my MISTI and loving it!!
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

I am in LOVE with your first card, Dawn! Your inking on the flower and leaves is amazing, and your design is so elegant! Beautiful CASE of your friends' card, too...I love your mix of papers and your coloring is so striking!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning! I <3 this one to bits!!! Hugs, Wends xoxo