Wednesday 23 September 2015

September CCC card for Lizzy

I really love taking part in Deborah's CCC monthly challenges.   You get to send a card to someone and someone sends you one.   This month, I got to send a card to Lizzy in Australia.

Each month Deborah gives options for the card... a colour combo, a sketch or a theme.  For September I chose the colours - Ivory, Olive and Cobalt Blue


My card base is Ivory and my olive is Distress ink sponged through a Tim Holtz stencil.  My butterfly is a Memory Box die and the friend die is from the SOA from StampNation and is by CAS-ual Friday. The rest of the sentiment is from Winnie & Walter and is stamped with a Memento ink.  Finished with some blue enamel dots for the butterflies body.  Lizzy has now let me know it has arrived.

I'm entering this into the Die Crazy challenge at Simon Says Stamp

5 comments:

Caryn said...

Beautiful background and fabulous use of the die cuts. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Betty said...

lucky Lizzy to get such a gorgeous card - love how you created the background

Greta said...

Oh my--this is stunning, Dawn! I know Lizzy must be enjoying it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn this is amazing - love the bright bold colours and the simple layout of the card - it all gives maximum impact!!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

that green background looks funtastic Dawn woow
lovely blue butterfly so big too
Lizzy must be happy so much I believe it...adorable made