Monday 9 March 2015

Who inspires You???????????

For me today it was a card from Joy Taylor (here is her card)
What inspired me?
- the design
- the watercolouring

I was home sick today - a very heavy head cold and after having a sleep in the morning, I decided to play a bit.


I white embossed some flowers from Clearly Besotted onto some ranger watercolour card.  Once it was all embossed I added water and some Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves and Peeled Paint.  The sentiment is from a Hero Art set.  Finished with some enamel dots. 

I'm entering this into the following challenges
Simon Says Stamp -Girly
Virginia's View - All things Embossed

Feeling really rotten now... sitting shivering and coughing and sneezing... so a few more blogs to check out, then off for an early night. Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful
luv
Debby

Shawna said...

Oh Dawn I hope you feel better soon.. But I must say I am very impressed with your work for being so sick. Your flowers look fantastic! Great layout and all that good stuff. Can't wait to see your work when well again. Get well soon. Hugs!

Jo Nevill said...

Such a gorgeous card, your flowers are amazing !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Betty said...

love love love your card Dawn - i already had pinned Joy's card but am going to have to pin yours too.

Lin said...

Really lovely, Dawn!

alexandra s.m. said...

so beautiful Dawn!
and may I say YOU are inspiring me to try this ;)
Thank You!!

Dotty Jo said...

Well YOU certainly do my dear! What a stunning card, Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

Stunning Dawn
you did so well looking at Joy Card and her card as beautiful as yours
woooowww STUNNING
I wish this card is stay at my office room...it was a long time ago I get your card..will send you one and hope I get one from you too...hugs, Monika

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Dawn! I love the variation in colors with your water colored petals and your design is just beautiful!
So sorry you're feeling home sick and dealing with a head cold...hope you're feeling better quickly!

Greta said...

Hope your cold is better soon, Dawn! This is one gorgeous card--love it!

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful card! The design and your coloring are amazing.

Arlene said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous. I love the colors.

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is stunning - love your use of colour, and your enamel dots are the perfect accent.
Blessings
Maxine