Sunday 15 February 2015

I've got Butterflies on the Brain!

or so it would seem... for days now I've been dreaming up a butterfly shaker card so I could enter into the challenge at Virginia's View.  Took some time this morning to get it done...


It turned out just as I had hoped and dreamed it would.... I used a pile of chunky glitter that came as a freebie with a magazine.  My die cut butterflies are from Memory Box... the Tristan and Chloe butterflies.. one a solid die and the other the filigree one that matches.  I used some fun foam for my dimensional layer.  Inlaid the filigree die over the acetate layer.  

and here are some photos of the butterflies in my garden.


these two were fighting with each other.

Off to the beach for a swim now... just LOVE summer!

10 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful, Dawn - the chunky glitter looks wonderful inside your gorgeous butterfly!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Dawn, you have created a BEAUTY!! Love this gorgeous design with sequins! so glad that you take the plunge in making shaker cards! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!

CinnamonSally said...

fabulous shaker card Dawn.

joy said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see butterflies fluttering around in my flower garden.

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

This is gorgeous! I've been thinking about trying to make a monarch butterfly shaker and you've really inspired me with your card and your beautiful photos! :)

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning shaker, Dawn!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning shaker, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn this is amazing - love the finished product and so glad you persevered to get it done. I look forward to your next 'dream card'.
Blessings
Maxine

Becca Cruger said...

Hoooooleeeeee cow. Or holy butterfly. This is STUNNING! Absolutely striking, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

speechlesssssss!!!!
Your BUTTERFLY IS STUUNNIIIINGGGG!!!! ans the picture of your garden butterflies is adorable too..
that card is really adorable I LOOVEE THAT butterfly..big and so beautiful..
wish I get it on my Birthday..
and some die cut(Cut off) is a great birthday present if you plan it hehe...I love your DIES all are adorable and make your card more great my friend..hugs, Monika