Tuesday 25 November 2014

Rock and Roll

I have to tell you about my Saturday....I went to see The Rolling Stones  - it was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

The concert was originally set for March this year but was cancelled due to the death of Mick Jagger's girlfriend.   So the final night of the ’14 On Fire’ Tour was Saturday.  

I have to say I like The Rolling Stones, but wouldn't say I was their biggest fan - that was till Saturday night... I have to say seeing the concert live was incredible.  I went with my daughter in law to be, her Mother and sister.... we took the bus (free) to the stadium and were standing in the General Admission on the field.  Could hardly see the band but there were three incredible big screens.

We started with a few drinks and nibbles first at home




Untitled

The Stones played for over 2 hours... not too bad for a band of over 70 year olds.  I jived and dance the whole time and had an incredible time.  It really was an amazing experience.  Even Melissa and Brooke enjoyed themselves- dancing in the mosh pit -

So all in all a stunning night.   But left me feeling tired and with incredibly sore feet!   Standing for 5 hours was very tiring.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

joy said...

looks like you had a blast, Dawn!

Greta said...

So glad you had fun, Dawn. Brings back memories. They were amazing to watch in person & wasn't really a big fan either.

kiwimeskreations said...

Good to hear you had a great night Dawn - I think I too would have had sore feet too!
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Hall said...

Lucky you, glad you had a great time!!

Monika Reeck said...

I am happy that you enjoyed the Stones...my Papa has the casette from them since that I love their music I remember I cant get no...then also some of Stones song...ooh what a nice drinks foto you made...you did have a card posting today hehe...hugs, Monika