Thursday 23 October 2014

Poinsettia fun

I've been having fun with my new Poinsettia stamp and my patterned papers.  Here are a few more I've done.





I used some cream shimmer card bases and embossed the Poinsettia with Liquid Platinum powder.  I fussy cut them out.  Then using the shimmer bases, Patterned Paper and a variety of sentiments, I made this set of cards.   All nice and CAS.  Just love this stamp.

And one final card today.... I have an Indian friend at work so I made her a Diwali card.


Using yellow and orange distress inks.  The stamps were stamps with Spiced Marmalade distress ink. The Hero Arts sentiment is stamped in red ink and the die cut letters are from a Mama Elephant set.  Finished with some sequins.   This card was inspired by my friend Isha.    Happy Diwali to all my Indian friends. 

8 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

I like how you've made two cards that are similar, but not the exact same. I'm going to have to try that little trick because I'm starting to feel the Christmas card worry already! :)
Thank you, sweet friend, for your lovely comment on my blog. Life is too short and I am overwhelmed by the kindness of others - including you!

Arlene said...

I love the Xmas cards. The poinsettias are gorgeous.

Love the Diwali card. I'll have to look up this celebration.

Betty said...

wonderful set of poinsettia cards, Dawn!!

Virginia L. said...

you have been super creative, Dawn! I love them all, but the first one is utterly gorgeous with the muted tone and colors! Less is more...you said it so eloquently!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Dawn! LOVE that poinsettia stamp which is beautiful without having to pop up petals! The first card is my favorite--so classic & classy! Bet your co-worker loved the beautiful Diwali card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn you have really made that poinsettia stamp sing the way you have used it - those are stunning cards. Love your colour use and the sequins on the Diwali card too.
Blessings
Maxine

alexandra s.m. said...

These beautiful cards are a perfect example of your endless creativity Dawn!
Thank You!!

Monika Reeck said...

I loooveee your ponsettia card..all with different lovely DP the one with red stamping i love it much is it a newspaper paper woooww cool Dawn and I love the DIWALI card too looks like India Cloth dear..great card...hugs, Monika