Thursday 25 September 2014

A Shabby Chic Christmas

It's a new challenge at Southern Girls Challenge today... Our theme is Girly/Shabby Chic. 

Our 2 super fabulous sponsors for this challenge are.....


.. 

I was lucky to get to work with an image from Lacy Sunshine called Curly Sue Victorian Christmas


Shabby Chic is a genre I find difficult but was really pleased with the results I got with this one.  I found some pretty PP and a chipboard frame to show off my girl.  I made the poinsettia with a couple of punches and some gems.  Added some dark green die cut leaves and a Spellbinders fancy label.  

Do come and join us with your Girly or Shabby Chic cards for the challenge.  It's on for three weeks, so plenty of time to have a play.

13 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - love your colouring and the die cuts.
Blessings
Maxine

Vanessa said...

Beautiful, Dawn! Love your poinsettias!

Monika Reeck said...

Ouch the image is soo soo cute Dawn and the flower are so pretty..and nice blending the sentiment background too..nice DP and add the ribbon..Beautifully done my friend...

many thanks for the post..I got it yesterday afternoon...you are really a GEM dear Dawn ...hugs from Germany
Hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

And sooo lovely card you sent me...with red poppies..I luv it...many thanks Dawn...hugs, Monika

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
You have done well, even though you say it is not your genre. I know how difficult it is to engage the brain to think differently, so I can appreciate how this would have been a Challenge for you, but this is why we do these Challenges; to stretch ourselves and to learn when we embark on a new style. The composition is good as is the design, your focal image is cute as, so all in all a great card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how beautiful this is, Dawn! I love how you colored this charming girl and your poinsettia's are so pretty! You've done an amazing job stepping outside of your comfort zone...such a lovely card!

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful Dawn, I love the cute image and the pretty poinsettias. Anet x

Virginia L. said...

GREAT job on coloring the image! The intricate details are lovely, Dawn!

Arlene said...

The image is colored so very cute and charming. Love her. Fabulous card.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wonderful card Dawn. I love those poinsettia. Fab layout too. Hugs, Wends x

Becca Cruger said...

Your poinsettias are really lovely. Super cute card!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I really love the deep green and pops of red :)

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty! I love those flowers, Dawn!