Sunday 24 August 2014

With Hope

I recently joined a Facebook challenge on the Saturated Canary page.  The challenge was to make an ATC.


I used a freebie from 2012 and coloured with some new Spectrum Noir pens, some Copics and Kaiser Markers.   I finished with a hand crocheted flower.  I added a large gem in the centre.  I must make some more of these flowers. The sentiment was a limited edition from Hero Arts.

We have been away for the weekend at Mangawhai Heads with our friends.  The weather was perfect and we had a very relaxing weekend.

20140823_092649

The backyard.

20140823_092838

Enjoying his morning coffee

Panorama at Ruakaka

Ruakaka Beach.

We drove north a bit to visit Ruakaka.  Our friends are building a new house in Managawhai and visited with building company while we went for a drive around Ruakaka and Marsden Cove.   I love that we can be there within an hour and a quarter and it really is restful.  

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Lin said...

That is just the perfect card, Dawn - love her attitude! And oh, what a gorgeous scene is that last shot!

joy said...

Adorable ATC, Dawn. I love your crocheted flower!!! Thanks for the gorgeous photos; looks very relaxing to me.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love ATCs and yours is extra sweet Dawn!
Gorgeous flower as well ;)
Thanks~

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful ATC Dawn - and what a beautiful beach - I neeeeeed some beach time....!!!!!!!!!!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

wohooo a cute lady in purple I waaaanntt...I mean this card is really me...a purple card from you always lovely for you to know Dawn and the sentiment is adorable too..I love the chrochet flower..sweet card My friend...and nice picture and thanks for share..hugs, Monika

Greta said...

Beautiful place to relax! Your card is so sweet--LOVE the flower you made, Dawn!