Thursday 3 July 2014

Distress inks and Winnie & Walter ~ A match made in Heaven.

My 2nd post of the day.  To see my Southern Girls Challenge card see this post.

I've really fallen in love with the beautiful sentiments and other stamps at Winnie & Walter and got my second lot last week.   They finally arrived in NZ after doing a bit of a detour to The Netherlands... And this week over at the Winnie & Walter blog this week, they are sharing the love with Distress inks.

You can win some distress inks and a sponge applicator simply by commenting on the post or adding a card based on the day's technique.  Day 1 was watercolouring.... always a fun technique.

Water coloured.

I used Distress ink , DI markers and The Big, the Bold and Extras to make my card.  I stamped the background rose with Squeezed Lemonade and then used my waterbrush to move the colour around.  I coloured the outline rose with Dried Marigold marker and stamped. Once again, used the water brush.  Did the same with the leaves - Mowed Lawn and Crushed Olive, spreading the inks
I then scribbled some Salty Ocean distress marker onto my block and spritzed with some silvery Shimmer mist.  Mixing the two I did a colour wash over the rest of the paper. You can't see the amazing shimmer on the card in the photo, but believe me, it is stunning.   I then used Broken China just around the flowers.  Once the panel dried, I stamped the banner and coloured with the Broken China ink.  I stamped the sentiment words, shaping them to fit the banner.  Finished with some sequins.

I am also adding this to the Colour it challenge at A blog named Hero ( even though I haven't used a HA stamp you can still enter)

Day 2 is Ombre technique and Day 3 is Resist technique.  Hoping to get some more done over the weekend.

Tomorrow I'm off to SENZ - NZ biggest scarpbooking and papercrafting expo and this year, cake decorating.   My friend, Suna, and I have taken the day off work to go.  Looking forward to seeing all sorts of new items.  Should be a fun day.

Thanks to all my visitors.  Hope you enjoy visiting.

7 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card, Dawn - have fun at the scrapbooking expo!

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Dawn! Love how it turned out!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Dawn - Do hope you have a ball at SENZ - just too far for us to travel, with all the trips we have to make to Waikato with DH. One day........
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Beautiful watercolor card, Dawn! Enjoy the expo!

Barb Ghig said...

A match made in heaven is right, Dawn! Your flowers are stunning, and I love the sentiment...Gorgeous card!

Monika Reeck said...

wooww your spreading inks I love it ..looks like you painted the flowers..adorable card Dawn luv this ...and nice color combo too...two tumbs up

Lisa said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at A Blog Named Hero.