Sunday 20 July 2014

CASE Study #200

It's the 200th challenge over at CASE Study Challenge blog and the Muse is the amazing Shari Carroll with a delightful card.

 

I decided to try and use a circle stencil and some blue ink to make my background

CASE Study # 200

The stencil is one from The Crafter's Workshop and I used a blue distress ink.  I stamped the work Brilliant (by Heidi Swapp) onto some grey card and the rest of the sentiment from Winnie & Walter.  The PP was punched and I added the heart and a little star.  I added the strip of black card down one side 

Winter is making it's presence felt here with some cold and wet weather.  Perfect to spend some time crafting this weekend.  I've been asked to make another card in a box.... here is the work in progress


Still a bit of work to be done to finish.    I did get a few other cards done too...Some DT work and my July CCC card... will share that when Cat lets me know it's arrived.  

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous patterned background - very effective!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, I'll send you some warming sunshine, the forecast tells we'll have 28 degrees Celsius tomorrow!

Gorgeous Case study, love the background you made.


Warm hugs
Maarit

Dawn said...

Love your card Dawn! The circle background is relly nice!
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a sweet comment!
Hugs
Dawn xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is a great card - love that innovative background - and I do love the lips :-). The box card is looking wonderful.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

I love your take on the CASE study challenge I am always strugle I dont have any idea its always lovely card as Sample and I have no idea..love your blue colors and the sentiment too Dawn and nice Kisses paper... your Flower in the box card us so cuuteee may I have it..is it difficult to make..I wish I can make also one..one day maybe cause the MIL still in difficult situation as you know...she get chemotherapy Dawn...big hugs..Monika

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on Shari's card, Dawn! I really love your stenciled background and the lips are so fun! Great job on the challenge!

I hope the weather clears for you...clouds and rain are no fun, so thank heaven for our craft rooms :-)

Greta said...

This is just perfect for the challenge, Dawn! I love the background you made!