Saturday 19 July 2014

Card in a Box...

I take part in a local monthly swap here in NZ, where each month we try out a new technique and send our card to our partner.  This month's challenge is "Pop Up Cards"  I tried a few different types of pop up cards to no avail... My cutting wasn't great... so I went back to a simple card in a box as I KNOW it works!


My butterflies are on acetate and appear to be flying when the card is opened.  I used a template I found on the Penny Black blog (Here) by Cathy Andronicou.  I used some PP from Rosie's Studio.  Chevrons for the top and dots underneath.  My flowers were punched and then sponged with Fired Brick distress ink and the white stripes added with a gel pen.  The larger ones have a punched stamen and a black gem.  The flourishes are a Cherry Lynn die.  The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch.    My front panel is a Spellbinders labels die and the sentiment is cut with a Britannia Die.  

This is what it looks like closed and ready to post.  

The sentiment is from a free set by IndigoBlu that was with a magazine.  

I've entered this into the Die Cut Challenge at Virginia's View  

Thanks for visiting today.  I do appreciate that someone actually reads this blog!  Have an awesome weekend.

5 comments:

Greta said...

Wowzer! This is gorgeous, Dawn! Love everything you did here!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
Gosh, I was surprised to see this creation was made by you, not that I think you are not capable of making such a complicated piece, but it has so much work involved and I know you prefer CAS. So what a delight then to read that you constructed this. Well done I am impressed as it has turned out wonderfully.
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Dawn! Gorgeous creation!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Dawn - this is marvellous and I am sure your partner will love it.
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is fabulous Dawn, I love this card in a box design!!