Friday 6 June 2014

Pretty florals


I have a few flower cards and a tag to share today.  I love doing flower cards and recently my new WPlus9 "Coming Up Roses" stamp arrived.  A great opportunity to make some floral cards and a tag for Virginia's View challenge #4.  

I started by pulling out a piece of watercolouring I'd done a while back but wasn't happy with the amount of splatters I'd done.  I used my Tim Holtz Tag die to cut the tag. 

Virginia s View ~ Challenge 4

I then took the stamp set and some orange distress inks and stamped the roses.  I used some green distress inks to stamp the stems.  Next I added my recycled item... the wax paper from a little doily die I'd cut.  It really looks pretty in real life...  I then used the doily, which had been cut from Kraft card, as a stencil to sponge some more colour onto the tag.  Finished with some chiffon ribbon and a button and crochet cotton bow.  The sentiment from Hero Arts was stamped with Delicata Golden Glitz and clear embossed.

My next card was made to sent to a friend, whose Mum passed away last week.

With Sympathy

My centre panel is some Bristol paper.  I used the WPlus9 set again and some distress inks.  I used my paintbrush and water to do a bit of water colouring.   The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set.  The PP behind is from a pack by Prima called "Fairy Belle"  Inside I have added a Hero Arts sentiment "so sorry for your loss"  The gems and pearls finished off the card.

And just one more flower card.

Cute Ballerina


This is for a challenge at The Paper Shelter - Flower Power. I used a digi stamp from The Paper Shelter and also the matching background.  I wanted to try out making some vellum roses after seeing this video.  I have a pack of coloured vellum that I got ages ago and there was a pretty pink amongst the pages.  The little ones were a bit fiddly but got there in the end.  I used glossy accents rather than hot glue for the little ones.

Thanks for persevering through my long post today.  Only 5 more sleeps till I head off to Perth to visit my daughter.  Getting a little excited now.  This will the longest trip I've done on my own.  I'm going on the direct flight - 6 hours 45 minutes.  I'll have a few posts schedules as I have a couple of DT challenges starting while I'm away.

9 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
Three different projects but all beautifully executed, I especially love the Tag.
Smiles:)
Sue

joy said...

Oh what pretty cards, Dawn! I must say that those vellum roses are just beautifully done and your sympathy card is gorgeous. Have a wonderful trip to see your daughter - how special that will be!

Betty said...

all your cards are so lovely, Dawn - i just rec'd that stamp set too but haven't tried it yet.

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn I love the way you art is developing - and these are gorgeous. Love that tag!!
Blessings
Maxine

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous work Dawn!
TFS~

Monika Reeck said...

card number three is realllyyy cuuteee love the flowers there card number twoo is so soft and love your coloring with water color great sympathy card my friend and your TAG its look soft too and adorable.. nice sheer ribbon and nice color combo..hugs Monika

Greta said...

Wow--you've been busy, Dawn! These are all lovely, but the tag grabbed my attention! Gorgeous work! Enjoy the time with your daughter.

Introverted Art said...

i love the little ballerina ;) reminds me of the paper dolls I played with

Arlene said...

Your flowers are SO perfect.