Friday 11 April 2014

Water colour Paints

The other day I was playing around with some Tim Holtz Distress paints.  I smooched three colours onto my craft mat and spritzed with water.  I used some textured card stock and pulled it through to get a soft watercoloured background.

Live Beautifully

I then stamped a Hero Arts background stamp in Versafine ink - doing a second generation stamping moving it slightly.  The sentiment in the centre is from Kaisercraft.  I finished with a punched vellum dragonfly that I coloured with Copics.

Some times it's fun just to play with no other thought in mind than just to have fun.  I hope that you get to have some play time over the weekend.


10 comments:

joy said...

Love this gorgeous card, Dawn. This is my favorite way to make a background on which to stamp! The colors you picked are so pretty together. Have a great weekend.

Betty said...

love your card - looks like you had lots of fun making it - distress inks are my favorite for watercolor backgrounds.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely colours and details.xxx

Lin said...

Perfect pairing of this stamp with that background, Dawn - love it!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
Lovely soft effect on this card, I don't know if 'sometimes' is a word I would use to play with paints, I think it is fun to play with paints ALL the time, but of course the downside is one never finishes a project!!!!! I am so so guilty of this at the present time.
Keep playing..
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful result from your 'playing' Dawn - love the gentle colours and the delicate stamp over the ink is the perfect accent.
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Such lovely colourwork and dainty images - beeeeautiful! Jo x

Arlene said...

Just beautiful! Great color combo and choices of stamp.

Love your work.

Greta said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Dawn!

Maureen Morton said...

Stunning, Dawn! Love the shadow stamping and the amazing mix of colors. Happy Easter!