Wednesday 11 December 2013

over 1000 posts.....

can you image it... yes I have I have posted over 1000 times.... this is in fact my 1002nd post....

today I have a card to share, that I made for a friend at work for a wedding she was going to...

Blingy Wedding card.

The brief was for a "blingy" wedding card.   I searched Flickr for ideas and then Pinterest... and finally came up with this card... being a combination of ideas from about 4  different cards.  The PP is from a Rosie's Studio pack of Wedding papers, trimmed and mounted on some silver mirror card  The heart is a Spellbinders one... two co-ordinating dies used together... one cuts the inside and one the outer part, cut from the silver mirror card.  The banner and sentiment are from a Simon Says Stamp, stamp and die set.. Lots of silver gems.  Inside I embossed down one side added the silver heart from the centre of the front panel and the sentiments " Happily Ever After" and Congratulations both from the SSS set.   My friend was over the moon about it.  

I took my Christmas cards into work and managed to sell $60 worth.  Just in time to buy some more PP to make some little tea light boxes like this one I made for a friend's birthday

Tea Light Gift box

I'm doing some Christmas ones for little gifts this year. 

I want to thank all of my followers for visiting and I really appreciate all the wonderful supportive comments I get.  You are the best.

                             

11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Dawn - on the number of posts and on selling cards :-). Your wee candle holder looks lovely, and the card is amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Congrats on your milestone post! Great that you were able to sell some cards at work. I'm not that organized! Maybe one day....

Cecilia Hsieh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Hall said...

Wow a thousand post, that is amazing Dawn congrats. Lucky you to be able to sell your cards, Money for more crafty stuff Yay!!

joy said...

1000 posts! That is a big milestone, Dawn. And, I thoroughly enjoy visiting your blog to see what you have created. Sometimes I am MIA and don't get to comment on each one, but your cards are always very inspiring and so well done. Glad you were able to sell some, too!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow 1000 posts thats amazing Dawn. Gosh you have sold a lot of cards, perfect way to save for more supplies!

Scrumplescrunch said...

hello Dawn
Well done, the wedding card looks great;love the Heart die.
Smiles:
Sue

Greta said...

Over 1000--amazing! Wishing you 1000 more, Dawn! How fabulous to sell so many cards at work. I have one person who says she'll hire me next year, so we'll see. Beautiful wedding card--surely will be treasured!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on your 1000 posts and counting! Isn't blogging FUN? I love how generous you are with sharing your talent and your time with us. Gorgeous card with intricate details, Dawn! May many more FABULOUS posts to come!

Arlene said...

WOW - gorgeous wedding card. Love the little box you created.

Stamp with Angela said...

Congratulations on 1000 posts. Well done. I look forward to seeing many more.