Tuesday 26 November 2013

His and Hers cards from HCW


Hi there... back with a couple of cards I made from the HCW Day 5  ~ His and Hers cards.

His 'n' Her cards

First one  - my feminine card.  I had a go at making a plaid background.  I don't have any suitable stamps so with this one I tried using a stencil

HCW Day 5 ~ "Her" card

I used some distress inks in Festive Berries and Broken China and a silver gel pen.  I then cut the Simon Says die.  It has two parts so I used the blue ink on the little frame.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment in the circle space.  I added some little fussy cut Holly leaves (Inkadinkado)  Was just getting ready to take a photo when I noticed that I had smudged some black ink onto the card... so big save with a larger fussy cut Holly ~ this time a Kaisercraft stamp.   Added some glossy accents on the berries.

My masculine card follows the same design and sentiment,

HCW Day 5 ~ "His" card

This time I used a ruler to draw my plaid with a gold calligraphy pen, a Kaiser marker and a white gel pen on a pale blue card.  I die cut the panel and added the gold pen on the outer frame.  My base is some Kraft card.

I'm really enjoying the warm weather we are having and that we live so close to the beach.  I did a lovely walk along the shore line today... dodging a few waves over the pipeline I was walking along.  High tide had been about an hour before.  It's a great place to live.

Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving for Thursday to all my American friends.


6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Saw these on facebook Dawn and thought they were good then - I have loved the opportunity to see them close up. Ah, aren't embellishments great for hiding those smudges ;-).
Blessings
Maxine

joy said...

You did a great job creating those plaid backgrounds, Dawn! Your "homework" for this class deserves an A+.

We are in for about 6 inches (or more) of that fluffy white stuff today into tomorrow. I'd much rather apply snowflakes to a card than shovel it! Enjoy your sunny, warm beach. :-)

Arlene said...

Your fussy cut holly looks like it was meant to be. Great job there.

Greta said...

I'm really impressed with your plaid backgrounds, Dawn! Gonna have to try that. Glad you're having some nice weather to enjoy your beautiful part of the world!

Maureen Morton said...

Loving your plaid backgrounds....my hands are too shaky to try it! These turned out fabulously. Great take on the M/F challenge....tho, anybody would love to get either one, I'm sure!

Barb Ghig said...

OMGosh, your cards are awesome, Dawn! Great job on stenciling the plaid pattern and using a ruler with your Caligraphy pen! I'm so impressed! I love the die cut frame and sentiment, too!