Monday 11 November 2013

A few Christmas cards.....

Over the past few weeks, I've done a few Christmas cards.  I have two to share today ~ so hang in there with me while I show you what I've been doing.


My first card was inspired by Betty who made a few cards with poinsettia's on them together with some little berries.

Red Poinsettia

I used a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die to make my flower, some rose leaves, the berries from WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals die and stamp set and a background with a Couture Creations embossing folder.  This one has been entered into the challenges at Simon Says Stamp and CAS-ual Fridays

and a quick card I made for Chupa's Saturday Sketchbook #109

Sketchbook #109

I really liked the sketch and used a new pad of PP from American Crafts called Peppermint Express to co-ordinate the colours.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.  My snowflakes are from a Marianne's die set and a punch.  The large one is cut with glitter tape stuck to some card and the rest were cut and punched and Stickles added.   Added some Stickles to the houses and snow and finished with some silver gems.   The whole card took me less than 20 minutes to finish and then that long for the stickles to dry.

I'm hoping to get a few more Christmas cards done... I was lucky enough to win a place in the latest On-line classes class... Holiday Card Workshop and am really looking forward to the class.  Thanks to Joy who picked me for a place.

Have a great week

9 comments:

Betty said...

love both your cards and what a nice surprise to find that i had inspired you - i don't think that's ever happened before - maybe i'm coming up in the card world:-)

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. YAY!!! How fun to get the class. Looking forward to see your creations :)

Maureen Morton said...

You should be teaching the class - these are both such gems, Dawn! I love all the texture of the first and the shimmer of the second. You have a great start on the holiday season.

Greta said...

So jealous--enjoy the class! 2 cards I just love, Dawn! Can't believe the second one was quick--doesn't look quick to me!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Two great looking cards Dawn, well done on winning a place in the class, hope you have fun making the cards.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn these are stunning - love the wee mistletoe berries with the poinsettia on the first card, and the snowflakes on the second.
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Love both cards - love the patterned paper poinsettia and the wonderful scene on the second card.

Barb Ghig said...

Really gorgeous Christmas cards, Dawn! I love all of the details on both, especially your winter scene and sparkly gems on the 2nd one!

Congrats on winning a spot in the Holiday Card Class...I'm sure I'll be seeing you there, too :-)