Thursday 3 October 2013

Tuesday Trigger


This is a lovely photo that is the  Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World.   The tines of the comb looked like woodgrain to me so that was one of the inspirations for me on this card.

Thinking of You ~ Tuesday Trigger

I used some Simon Says Woodgrain card for my base and used some distress ink to colour.   I used a Cherry Lynn flourish die cut and snipped into pieces and then added some paper flowers.  A touch of green with the ribbon and a little tag.  Finished with some faux stitching.  

I entered this into the Stitching challenge over at the The Paper Shelter as well as the Tuesday Trigger challenge.  This card is on it's way to a friend who is having her birthday in the weekend.  

At the last minute we have decided to head up to the beach for the weekend.  We'll take off after work tomorrow and just relax for the weekend.  I'll try and get some images printed and stamped and take my pens and paints with me.  Plus my Kindle and I'm set.  But no internet for 2 days :-(  

Thanks for visiting and a big thanks to all the encouraging comments that you leave... they are much appreciated. 

13 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Looks great Dawn, enjoy the weekend, the weather looks promising
Smiles:)
Sue

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Great take on the TT Dawn! Love that woodgrain card!

Cecilia Hsieh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Beautiful take on the trigger, Dawn! Love the pretty flowers and swirl against the woodgrain background!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your card base..I think it was stampin from woodgrain from HA but its look delicious...how are you Dawn...I was never been in Blog land...you can see why in my blog if you have time...adorable arrangement of the flowers on the woodgrain paper...sweet card...hugs, Monika

Brenda said...

Totally gorgeous Dawn! I love that woodgrain cardstock from SSS. You really captured the essence of that lovely trigger. Wish I had the time to play with this challenge but for some reason I seem to be struggling to find real crafting time. Also off to the beach for the weekend tomorrow! Have fun!

Nancy K said...

beautiful card, Dawn! I love how you were inspired to use the woodgrain, such a clever lady!

Greta said...

Gorgeous take on the trigger, Dawn!

Stamp with Angela said...

Stunning card. A very effective background. Prefect for the flowers.

Maureen Morton said...

Great background for these flowers, Dawn. Love that tag, too. Have a great weekend!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the details and the woodgrain looks fabulous.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Dawn - I so often use woodgrain for masculine cards, but it sets the flowers off beautifully on this one.
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

The wood panel background is fantastic - love the card.