Monday 14 October 2013

Feathery Fun

Feathers are quite on trend at the moment so when I saw this awesome set at WPlus9, I knew I wanted it.
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server500/b0f41/products/210/images/1601/wplus9_fancifulFeathers_4x6__61600.1375887266.350.350.png 

To get an idea of how to use I went onto the WPlus9 Design Blog and found lots of great inspiration which I promptly added to Pinterest, so I'd have some ideas.

So here's what I came up with... both cards very CAS

First one uses Iced Spruce Distress ink

Feathered Birthday

I used a 2mm calligraphy pen to make the frame around the card, giving a look of matting.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set.  I used the matching sentiment inside 

Inside of the card

and decorated the envelope as well

Feathered Birthday

My second card used Golden Glitz ink with a very similar design
Feel Better

This one is a get well card for a friend who came off his bike recently and is in the Acute Brain Injury unit in Porirua hospital doing some rehab.  He is very lucky to be alive and is making good progress.  

The weekend was very full on with the family.  Our nephew's 21st birthday party was on Saturday and we had some of the family staying the weekend.  So I'll finish with a pic of the nieces and nephews ( the younger 6)

My son is the last one on the right.

Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate you visits.



Dawn




7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love those images Dawn, and you have used them beautifully. Well done, they are great cards.
Looks as though you had a wonderful 'family' weekend :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Love this stamp set, definitely on my wishlist !!

CinnamonSally said...

Love all your feathery cards Dawn!!

Monika Reeck said...

Both are lovely Dawn what a very nice stamp sets you have...love the one in grey more...love the monochromatic...hope my post to your home coming soon...big hugs...

Maureen Morton said...

Love these, Dawn - the feathers are cutting edge trendy, as (apparently) is gold. I'm always a year behind what is cool.......love those happy faces too. Family is so special.

Virginia L. said...

Love all of the versions of feather cards! The framing of the feathers is lovely! Beautiful use of the stamps, Dawn!

Arlene said...

What a great feather set. Love your samples.