Thursday 19 September 2013

Using a stencil and texture paste.

This month over at Die Cut Divas, our sponsor is Dreamweaver's Stencils.  Lynell very kindly gave us some stencils to use for our samples. 

Today Arlene is showing off some of our samples including this one that I made


I used some light texture paste through the stencil (LG678)  Once the paste dried I used watercolour paints, some distress inks and watered down Gelatos to colour the paste.  I added the sentiment with embossing powder.  I then matted the panel with some red card and added to a PP background.  To add a some movement, I used a Spellbinders edging to trim the PP.

Do hop over to the blog post and see what Paula and Arlene did.  Both used a cute little dog stencil.  And Lynell is also offering a 20% discount this month over at Stencils with Style  ~ Just use this code SWS20




5 comments:

joy said...

You did a great job with the paste, Dawn. And, I like the curved border on this card. Pretty!

Arlene said...

The colors are so vibrant and love the border on your panel.

Maureen Morton said...

Great contrast and texture, Dawn. I am crazy about that lazy curved edge, too. Another race today......good luck!

Brenda said...

Oh how beautiful Dawn! I love that curved edge die, gosh what a beauty! Lovely work!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn this is gorgeous - love the movement from the curved panel, and the boldness of the colours of the flowers against the dark background.
Blessings
Maxine