Saturday 29 June 2013

Totally frustrated!!!!!

Got home yesterday to find my laptop had crashed..... and it started a factory default restore..... so I lost all my applications and files.  Totally EVERYTHING went.  So I've been spending the day trying to find things.  I have not been as good as I should have with backing up.... last one was in April!!! I've started to restore by 4 hours later and only half done!  Some files are there, some are not!  All my bookmarks in Firefox are gone and lots of my latest downloads of purchased images.  Yuck.  I was luck to find my product key and am in the process of reloading Office10.  And found the disc for Adobe Photoshop Elements so that can get added again. 

Got the internet up and running and slowly added back my favourite sites.  It's all the silly little adjustments I've made that need (and are taking time) to restore. 

So if I don't get time to visit and comment this weekend, it's because my time is being spend just getting back on track!

Cheers
Dawn

12 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Oh Dawn, hope your laptop will be up n running soon. This is the problem with technology. Hugd

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Dawn how awful, I hope you get things up and running again soon. We rely so much on our computers and when things like this happen it causes so many problems. I must back mine up!!
Hugs Sally

kiwimeskreations said...

I think I would have either muttered naughty words at it or cried - and then would have rung my SIL for help as he is a computer whizz. Sounds as though you have more computer know-how than I do.
Hope you are back up and running perfectly very soon.
Blessings
Maxine

joy said...

I would not know how to do what you are doing!! I hope you get it all running smoothly again. How frustrating it must be. BTW, remember to switch to another reader by July 1st!! I'm using Bloglovin'.

Betty said...

that has to be the most frustrating ever - i decided to buy a back up hard drive for my macbook as it is going on 7 years old and i don't know how i would recover everything if it dies. good luck with the restoration and looking forward to seeing more cards.

Brenda said...

I know wxactly how you feel! I've been there! Get yourself a good glass of wine and knock it out step by step! Sending you hugs! B xxx

Barb said...

Oh, Dawn - what a bummer! Must have been such a shock! I hope it goes more quickly now - Hugs to you!

judkajudi said...

Dawn, it sounds like you have salvaged a good portion of your "stuff".. I am putting off purchasing a new pc because I don't want to have to deal with setting things up the way I am used to .. and then there is Windows *.... Good luck!

stamplover2011 said...

Sorry to hear of you troubles Dawn... Hope you are up and running in no time!

Greta said...

What a disaster, Dawn! I feel for you! Hope you're soon back to normal. Technology is so great when it works & so frustrating when there are problems!

Maureen Morton said...

Oh, BUMMER, Dawn! Don't you just hate that - we take things for granted when they are running smoothly. Good luck to you on the restore. Hope you find all of your treasures and are back in the swing very soon. Hugs.

Arlene said...

BUMMER! WOW, sorry about your laptop. :( Hugs to you...