Thursday 31 January 2013

CAS 2~ Day Two

Day 2 was all about one layer cards ~ so that meant some masking techniques.  I tried a few  different things to make a mask.

CAS2~ Day Two


Tried some Tim Holtz masking sheet... but it was a bit thick for stamping.  Great for the the sponging so this is attempt #2 using computer paper. I used some wide post-it tape to make the masks for the butterflies.  I added some faux stitching to emphasis the heart.    I coloured my butterflies with Copics and added some Sukura glitter pen on the butterflies.  Again, I couldn't resist some gems.   All the stamps are from Hero Arts.

I'm also entering this into the Heart Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters  and Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamping.

Thanks for visiting.

Dawn

12 comments:

Doreen said...

Wonderful card...beautiful colouring and colour combo.xxx

Stamp with Angela said...

Beautiful card. I find one layer cards really hard to do, but you have done a great job here.

Barb said...

Love your masking and bright colors, Dawn! Glad you're enjoying the class!

Maureen Morton said...

Masking is a real art, Dawn. And you are well on your way to being a master. Love these colors and hard to believe this is just one layer. Glad you are using what you're learning.

Virginia L. said...

Saw it over Flickr...love your masking! The bright colors are so pretty together! The faux stitching of the heart is a lovely idea! Well done!

Brenda said...

How totally beautiful Dawn! I love masking butterflies and yours turned out beautifully! Your colouring is also awesome!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! You did an amazing job with the masking! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful layering! Love the butterflies with the heart..

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn, I love the way you put this gorgeous card together. It sounds like a lot of fun. What a great card

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - love the masking and the way you have used the script on the heart and the gems.
Blessings
Maxine

sheila said...

Hi Dawn, This is a beautiful card! I love the addition of the butterflies on here....I have never used that masking tape but good to know that it is a bit thick for stamping....

Greta said...

Great job with the masking, Dawn!