Thursday 30 August 2012

Something a little green

Last week's word over at CASology was GREEN.   I played around with some ideas...and came up with this

CASology ~ Green


I stamped the Inkadinkado bird with Archival Coffee ink and then laid a negative mask and stamped the Hero Arts wood design background.  I then I distressed with two shades of distress inks.   I then stamped the Hero Arts sentiment.  I edged the panel with distress and layered it onto the card base.

My bags are packed and I'm already to go.... off tomorrow evening to Australia.... Mooloolaba here we come!  I hope to get to meet up with Paula who lives near where we are going.

So I won't be able to do much blog hopping... although I have a few auto posts  ~  Red Carpet Studio Premiere is this weekend.  Do pop in and visit.
Dawn

13 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Enjoy your trip to Australia. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you are back:)

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

Lin said...

Love your card, Dawn! Have FUN and enjoy your trip!

Barb said...

It's a beautiful card, Dawn! Have a wonderful vacation and give Paula a hug from me! :)

Maureen Morton said...

I am not a green fan (hardly ever use it), but love this card - would be perfect for a guy, too. Happy trails and don't worry about blogging; just relax!

Kara Lynne said...

This card has such an Earthy, lush look to it! It's gorgeous! Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Stamp with Angela said...

Lovely card. Enjoy your time away.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - enjoy your holiday and bring back some sunshine too.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Lovely card, Dawn! Have a wonderful trip!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Striking stamping with the woodgrain and bird all nestled in the circle!

Monika Reeck said...

this is elegant Dawn love all the green on this...lovely done

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. love the touch of brown in the image and sentiment! enjoy!

sheila said...

this card is just beautiful Dawn. I love the simple cas style of it and how soothing it feels. I hope you have a great time on your trip and give a hug to Paula for me.....I adore her blog!