Thursday 23 August 2012

Over the Top!

Today I want to share a card with you.... that really is OTT..

OTT Whimsy Fairy


Not my usual style at all!  But I got the stamp set with this pretty little fairy with a Magazine
~Australian Simply Cards and the girls at stamping on Saturday, challenged me to make a card similar to the ones in the magazine... lots of layers, PP, flowers etc...  I stamped the little Fairy and coloured with Copics.  PP's are from Pink Paislee and a freebie pack.  Used Lace and ribbon, hand made flower, purchased flowers, punched butterfly and a die cut corner flourish   - whew just tiring listing them all.... but it finally came together.   It is good to challenge yourself to do something that is outside your comfort zone.    I really like my cards much simpler.
Edited:
thanks to Barb for pointing out my card is great for Moxie Fab World's  Asymmetry challenge.  I think I did get some good balance here.... so into the mix it goes.  Moxie Fab World are challenge us to try out some the the design techniques in the Card Design Handbook.  Think I need to get this book! 

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope that your week is going well.  The weekend is nearly here and then only 7 days till the holiday... can you tell I'm getting excited!

Dawn 

        

8 comments:

Barb said...

I love this, Dawn! I know it's not your usual style, but you really did a beautiful job! I'm not sure, but I think this would fall under the category of asymmetrical cards - you should enter it into the Moxie Fab World challenge?

Maureen Morton said...

You really rallied to your friends' challenge, Dawn! You did a great job with the coloring and the layers....very rich! Too darn cute!

Isha Gupta said...

She is sooo pretty and so is your card Dawn. I see you are enjoying coloring:) Its always a pleasure to see your creations.

Suzanne C said...

Well this is right up my alley! I love what you did with the layering and the details!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Dawn - definitely not your usual, but isn't good to challenge yourself and have something work out!
Blessings
Maxine

Elizabeth Allan said...

Even though you said this isn't your usual style I think you should do more!!!! Great balance, color and design. Happy Friday Dawn---have a wonderful weekend!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your coloring Dawn this is really a cute card...love this

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dawn! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)