Friday 13 July 2012

S-T-R-E-T-C-H Your stamps.....

I'm taking Jennifer and Kristina's Stretch Your Stamps online class, but haven't had much chance to try out the techniques they are sharing.... but did get a chance to try Jennifer's double stamping the other night

You are my Sunshine


 Used HA Lattice and inked with Kaleidacolor Autumn leaves ink and double stamped it,  Made an interesting background... not sure I like the way it turned out... but went with it.  Stamped the flower from Sizzix/Hero Arts Bold Pops onto yellow card with squeezed lemonade distress and die cut it for my sun.  Added a button, some twine and a gem or two coloured with a Copic.  Sentiment from Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday "Bring on the Sun" one of the sets we are going to use in the class. 

Got lots of ideas but still need to get some time... maybe tomorrow at Stamp Group....

Today I got up nice and early  (40 minutes earlier than usual) to drive for 2 hrs down to Hamilton to attend the SENZ expo.  What a great show.... so many wonderful stamps, papers, embellishments, make'n'takes, demos.  And the classes.... WOW!  I took two classes ~ one I had pre-booked and one I book at the Stampzone stall.... The Scottie Crafts "All Things Tim..." was AMAZING.... We did an off-the-page canvas frame.. with chicken wire..... I'll take a photo in the next couple of days.... was dark by the time I got home after the drive back.  The second class was a card one, using a pretty Darkroom Door collage stamp.  We made two cards and got the kit for a third and instructions for a fourth.     I did get to meet Maxine and say hi to her... see pointing me in the direction of a stall where washi tape was $2.50 a roll, gems $2.50 a pack and spools of twine for $2.50 as well.   Needless to say, some of all of them ended up in my carry bag together with a flower mold and some resin, along with a couple of stamps, a number of dies including a mini honeycomb one which I can't wait to play with.    So many goodies, so little time!

Well I can hardly keep my eyes open so I'll sign off for now.
Enjoy the weekend.

Dawn 
                          

10 comments:

Stamp with Angela said...

A wonderful card. I think the double stamping of the background looks great. A clever way to create a different background with the lattice stamp. I love the big sunshine on the card.

Sounds like you had lots of fun at SENZ. I haven't been to one yet. Hopefully I will get to go sometime in the future. Have fun with the goodies you bought.

Virginia L. said...

Love your double stamping of the background, Dawn! That Mustard Yellow looks lovely in this! GREAT job! Can't wait to see your projects from the classes you took! Happy weekend!

Barb said...

The expo sounds awesome, Dawn! Looking forward to seeing what you've created! Love this beautiful card - the double stamping looks so cool! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

The background immediately caught my eye Dawn -- it is great! Your time at the Expo sounded terrific!

Kara Lynne said...

That double stamping with lattice made such an intricate pattern! So glad you enjoyed the expo, looking forward to seeing your projects.

LauraJane:) said...

Hey Dawn, I'm in the class too. It's nice to see some familiar faces.
Your take on day One is GREAT!
LOVE your DOUBLE stamping:)
I have yet to make anything for that day:(

donna mikasa said...

The double stamping is awesome, Dawn! I've yet to try it but I'm inspired now that I saw your results! Have a wonderful weekend!

Greta said...

Oh I'm jealous--sounds like you had a great time & worth the 2 hr drive. I really like the bg here--need to use my rainbow pads more often.

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Dawn with a fascinating background. Love the way you have used the mustard card to mount it.
Great catching up with you and glad you got some of the tape :-). I have still to add the final details to my canvas project - we went to visit family today - I am so hanging out to play with my new goodies.!!
Blessings
Maxine

Maureen Morton said...

Glad to hear that you had such a fun and creative day! And this background is such fun - I'm not taking the class but I want to learn whatever I can. Love this look.