Thursday 21 June 2012

Birthday candles.

Today is my friend Kathy's birthday and I made her a little present....

I got some candles from a Warehouse store for $3 each and took some tissue paper and stamped a Hero Arts flower stamp, masked it and added some leaves.  I decided to leave them black and white.  I used my heat tool to melt the tissue into the candle.

Kathy loved these so that was happy.  The card I gave her was one of my corset cards

Dress form


I've also been working on my CCC card for Arlene ~ in today's post and my Mygrafico project for next weeks challenge.  So some cards to share next week.

Once I get this finished, one more card to finish off then packing my weekend bag for another weekend away.  This time to visit BIL and SIL in Hamilton.  The All Blacks are playing Ireland on Saturday there, and Hubby and his brother have tickets to go.  SIL and I will stay home and watch it on TV ( in the warm!)  We are taking half a day off work tomorrow to head down Friday as the boys are going to a Rugby dinner that evening.

Have a great weekend all....
Dawn

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

These candles are so elegant! Love them, Dawn! And your card is beautiful, too! Vanessa x

Maureen Morton said...

What a great and unique gift, Dana! Made with love! You might want to enter these in the current Simon Says Stamp Blog challenge for anything but a card. They are simply lovely. You are so thoughtful. Love this vintage card, too. Take good care!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT way to use your flower stamp, Dawn! I have never done the candle thingy before! Must try that! Your card is gorgeous, I especially love the added flowers! Enjoy your time away! xo

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous candles Dawn and such a pretty card too.

Isha Gupta said...

These are Awesome Dawn., You rock this Corset image. Lovely candles. I like making these. Great for gifts:)

kiwimeskreations said...

Love decorating the Warehouse candles like that - yours look fabulous in black and white, and the card is fabulous.
Enjoy the rugby :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Love making candles like that, but never thought to use a large flower stamp--came out so pretty! I know your friend must have been thrilled--gorgeous card, too! Have a safe trip.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! I love how your stamped candles turned out! So pretty! And what a terrific gift - handmade and from the heart! ♥

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant Corset card and the candles are lovely!