Monday 28 May 2012

Mygrafico Challenge ~ Father's Day

This week we got to work with a fabulous set called "Tool Time "
As it's coming up Father's Day in the States, we used that as our theme.... ( Father's Day in NZ isn't till September) 

As you can see, I took the elements and printed then cut them out.  Add lots of glossy accents.

I added some items to the "To Do" list and used some brads to fasten it to the background.  I made that by stamped Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain background with Cup'o'Joe ink onto some browny-grey card.  This set is perfect for male cards.     Do pop over to the blog to see what the other DT members have come up with...

I'm trying my hand tonight at Shabby Chic for Our Creative Corner.... My friend Sue (aka Scrumplescrunch) is hosting this weeks challenge.  If you are a visitor to Sue blog you'll know she is the QUEEN of Shabby Chic... me, a real novice.  CAS is more my style... but a card is being made.... flowers scrunched and drying!  Lace out, some collage stamping done... a bit of pink ... but boy does this take time!!!!!!  Not like the 20 min CAS card I did earlier!  No this one will be a two dayer!

So off to bed while that flower dries... till tomorrow
Cheers

Dawn 

8 comments:

Barb said...

Dawn, this card is so much fun! I love the tools! Perfect Father's Day card!

Can't wait to see your shabby chic card! :)

Maureen Morton said...

Perfect for a Dad, Dawn! These cute tools have so much dimension - they look almost real. I will be watching for the lace and flowers, too!

Tammylee said...

Great card Dawn! Love that you added brads and now I can see the glossy accents! Great projcect!

Nancy K said...

Such a wonderfully charming card, Dawn! Those fun images are perfect for Dad's Day cards.

CinnamonSally said...

Such a fun card Dawn and a perfect one for Fathers Day, love all the elements you have used.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Wonderful Man card Dawn, love all the Tools, of course we girls think this is hilarious especially with the list to drum it in that this is what the tools are for!!!!!Whoever receives this card, will no doubt inwardly groan.....Ha
I am so pleased you are participating in my Challenge; I can't wait, I am sure you will create a great card, it maybe a slow process but a very satisfactory one, which I find very relaxing, but I think you may find stressful as I do with the CAS!
Smiles:)
Sue

Kara Lynne said...

I really like that wood grain background with those tools. Fun "to do" list sentiment. Can't wait to see the "shabby" results of your next card soon.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Dawn, and the woodgrain background perfects it!
Blessings
Maxine