Friday 27 April 2012

Purple Haze

I am a huge fan of PURPLE.... any shade or tone.... and recently bought a bottle of Tim Holtz Color Wash in Purple Twilight.  It is a very pretty deep purple colour.  I spritzed it onto some white card stock and used it to make a flower for this card

Birthday wishes

I started with a soft yellow card base and stamped it with Hero Arts Antique Flower background inked in Old Paper distress ink.  I added some purple washi tape (from SSS April kit) and then added a sticker from EAD ~ found these again in my tidy up ~  I stuck a doily in the bottom right corner and trimmed the excess off.  For my flower I stamped Hero Arts Raindrops in white ink Once it all dried I used the Hero Arts die from Bold Pop Flowers to cut 5 flowers.  I scrunched and then separated the layers and just used the top layers to make the flower.  I found some lovely lilac buttons that I then used on the flower and the tape layer.  I then added some punched leaves and the two heart stick pins.   This card is currently winging it's way over to Australia for my SIL's birthday.

I'm really pleased how this turned out and hope Julie likes it.  Had a giggle as I bought the stick pins in Perth, carried them home and now have sent them back to Australia.  I have entered this into a challenge I found called CES ~ this week to use buttons

Tonight I am enjoying some ME time as Hubby is out with "the boys"  ~ a group of guys he know through the shipping industry in which he works.  They all work for different companies in the industry and every 4 - 5 weeks get together to network over a few drinks.  And I get control over the TV remote  ~ not that there is much worth watching on a Friday night!!   So I get to craft and blog to my hearts content.  I'm redoing the tags I did for Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry class.... I have made some Bigger Tags with the TH die... so I'm working my way through the classes again.

So glad the weekend is here. Hubby's office is moving to a new building over the weekend and I'm getting a new chair for my craft room... albeit an old one from his office... no more pillows on the chair to get me to the height I need, no more towel over the back were the covering is ripped.... Yeah!

Well that's me for now.
Dawn

10 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Ooooh this is one beautiful flower, Dawn, and I like the Bg too, I think your SIL will love this card.
I gave up on watching the Blues, too depressing, more fun catching up here.
Smiles:)
Sue

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Love the flower too. TFS

joy said...

Love your pretty flower, Dawn and the doily is the perfect backdrop for it.

Glad you had some time to craft. I hope to get some cards done today; been busy all week!!!1

Lin said...

Beautiful combination of stamps and elements, Dawn - love that antique background!

Barb said...

Your flower looks amazing, Dawn! Love the purple shades with that yummy, soft yellow - beautiful card!

Greta said...

Love your flower & it's great using the doily behind it--wonderful card, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card, Dawn - love it all!
Know what you mean about nothing on TV - great time to craft with DH out :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda said...

A beautiful card Dawn! I love that shade of purple!

Maureen Morton said...

Purple is one of my very favs, too, Dawn. But for some reason I don't use it much in cards. This has such vibrant color depth - love how you are using these cute pins. This all came together with such glorious style.

Suzanne C said...

Elegant! Love the flower popped on the doily!