Friday 30 December 2011

Tim's Tags ~Days 6 & 7

After stalling on Tim's Tags day 6, I finally got going again.  Day 6 tag didn't really appeal to me.   I totally struggled with it.  In the end, I decided to go with a black and silver tag...

Tim's Tags Day 6


I started by sticking some tinfoil to card and using a CB folder embossed it.  I then swiped it with black ink and then clear embossed it.  I ended up having to buy a new Versamark pad as the black didn't dry well.  At this point, I left the tag as I really didn't know what more to do.  Today, I relooked at it and thought how to finish it.  I added some grey adhesive edging, some bakers twine, a stamped image of a girl and a little Christmas-y tag, with some black and cream pearls.  Not that Christmas-y, but at least I tried some of Tim's techniques.

So then I moved onto Day 7's tag.... more to my liking.

Seasons Greetings ~ Tim's Tags Day 7


I used some Distress inks on my craft sheet to make the background.  I then stamped a border from a HA set to give the idea of fabric.   I stamped and embossed the Tim Holtz sentiment and cut out.  I then coloured three pearls with Red Pepper alcohol ink and tied with tinsel and some tulle and lace to form a bow.  I stamped some cut out some Holly leaves and punched some twigs.  I used Pine Needle distress ink to darken my green card.  Added tulle and ribbon and gems at the top of the tag.

So just 5 left to do.    I wasn't up to much more today as I am getting a cold... been sneezing and coughing all day... didn't get much sleep with the coughing last night. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Dawn

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Fab tags, Dawn! I hope you are feeling better soon! Wishing you all the best for the new year! Hugs, Vanessa

Barb said...

Sounds like we're all getting sick. I'm hoping mine doesn't move to my chest - hope you feel better soon, Dawn! Love both tags today! Gorgeous work! Hugs to you!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn I was so happy to see that you are making more tags! I love seeing how you turn Tim's creations into your own with your fabulous designs and artistic talent!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn, I also have a cold and can't seem to get my mojo working. My throat is really sore and dry. Hope you feel better real soon. Love both of your tags, so pretty.

Hugs and a Happy New Year to you.
Sally

Lisa said...

Love your idea using the foil, Dawn- very clever- and all the little baubles on the 2nd tag- these are so fun :)
Sounds as if the colds are making their rounds this year! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Happy New Year!!

donna mikasa said...

Great tags, Dawn! I love your interpretation of Tim's tags. Hope you feel better soon, in time to greet the New Year! Take care!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Dawn, these look very regal! I love how the silver looks on your first tag! I've never worked much with this color but I can see how beautiful it is!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great tags Dawn, and I actually like the Day 6 the best - it is so individual - unlike any others I have seen,
Trust you feel better soon.
Blessings
Maxine