Saturday 25 June 2011

Simple Frame Collage.

Today has been very busy.... getting the cleaners in to clean the stain on the carpet, off to the car dealership to sign up for a new car, doing the grocery shopping, home to do the housework... and finally some time to stamp.

First I'll tell you about the car we are buying.... Hubby currently has a Nissan Maxima that we bought from new in Sept 2002... yes~ nearly 9 years ago... so he thought it was time to upgrade.  He went to the dealership on Thursday as they were having a HUGE sale.. and they did come up with a great deal... So he decided that he wanted one in Amethyst Grey.  It had to be ordered in.  Today we went to sign up and had a look at it...it has arrived, but needs to be valeted, and have the paint protection added so it will be Tues or Wed before we pick it up... Very exciting... nothing so nice as the smell of new leather in a new car.  Can't wait.

And on the stain front... the cleaner was amazing and has managed to remove all of the stain. A big sigh of relief from me!  He did such a good job I'm going to get him back to clean the whole of the downstairs carpets.

Now for my Frame cards..  I started by inking up the Simple Frame stamp with Brushed Corduroy and stamped it twice.
Heartfelt wishes
 
For my first card I masked the frame and then used some distress inks to colour the background.  My inspiration for this was the wonderful backgrounds produced by Jill Foster   She does amazing backgrounds with distress inks and uses water splotches a lot.  My colours are more muted than she uses.  I then stamped the Hero Arts Antique Background in Wild Honey ink.  I stamped it again on some scrap card and used my aqua brush to colour in the Butterfly and Dragonfly and cut them out and added to the card for dimension.  I layered the panel onto some orangey card that I had stamped the Envelope pattern onto.  Added a sentiment in the Brushed Corduroy to finish.

Timely Bird

My second card using the frame used similar techniques.  I masked around the frame and used the Envelope Pattern as well.  This time I used Hero Arts Timely Bird Collage.  I stamped it again to get the bird to 3-D.  I painted the background bird and flower with some distress inks mixed with Iridescent Medium.  I trimmed the panel and distressed with Tea Dye ink and layered onto dark brown and then onto the cream card base.  I had made a few crochet flowers sitting watching "Country Calendar" after dinner this evening, so used one on the corner of the card with a button I made with my new molds from Mold Muse ( here)

Well it's now time to hit the sack.  Hubby went off about 20 mins ago but I was still wanting to finish this post. 

Enjoy your weekend all

Cheers


Dawn

10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards Dawn and I love the backgrounds you have created with the water splotches. That Hero Arts frame stamp is becoming a real favourite I really like the way you have used it!!

Pajalu said...

Love both the cards Dawn. Yay to removing stains. I've given up on my carpets - kids are to rough ;). Love getting a new car it's almost as good as getting a new stamp *grin* xoxoxoxoxo

Deirdre said...

Dawn - amazing cards. Love what you created - they are simply stunning.

Congrats on the new car too... safe driving to you and your hubby.

Lisa said...

Your bg on the butterfly card is so pretty! I really need to get brave and try the technique myself :) Love how you've used the frame stamp on both of these!
So glad to hear they got that stain out!! And, a new car?! It doesn't get any better than that :)

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great cards, Dawn!

donna mikasa said...

Such pretty cards! Love that simple frame--hope to get my hands on it if it's not discontinued. Glad to hear the stain is gone! So happy for you!

Congrats on a new car! There's nothing like the smell of a new one. And congrats on going to Card Camp! Lucky you!!

Barb said...

Yay. . .a new car! That's always exciting. And I'm so glad to hear that nasty wine stain is now a thing of the past. Love your amazing cards today, Dawn! They are both done so beautifully! Love the pretty colors on the first one!

Isha Gupta said...

Stunning cards Dawn. I am loving this frame stamp more n more now...lol.
Congrats on the new car. You are so right about the smell of leather...nothing beats it:)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well such lovely cards Dawn, Really like the YELLOW one Ha, we must be on the same wavelength to choose the same palette for our cards this week!
Smiles:)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely framed cards! You and Jacqueline have inspired me to add that frame to the top of my list. Love how you put the collage stamp in the frame and the beautifully blended backgrounds. How exciting on the new car and the leather does smell the best in a new car!