Tuesday 26 April 2011

SSC challenge 20th April

Better late than never....  I went away on Thursday afternoon and got back this afternoon.... so didn't get a real chance to do much blogging.... and didn't get a chance to post my sample card for last weeks Simply Scrapping Crafts.  The challenge was a sketch
 and here's what I came up with.
Special thanks - SSC 20 April challenge

I went with a monochromatic theme following the the sketch fairly faithfully.
Card Recipe
Cardstock:  Rosie's Studio
Paper:  Patterned unknown
Stamps: Hero Arts "Messages" "Envelope Pattern"
Ink: Versafine Onyx black, Tim Holtz Distress ink "Antique Linen"
Dies: Spellbinders "Parisian Accents" "small circles"
Pearl: Kaisercraft (coloured with Copic
Other: Martha Stewart Punches "Lacy Edging"  "Three Butterflies"

thanks for visiting..... I really appreciate all the wonderful comments.
Dawn

11 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Yes I saw this card Dawn, and I thought it was stunning, I just love the simplicity of it.
Smiles:)

Vicky said...

Beautiful card Aunty Dawn. I love the butterflies :)

Betty said...

really elegant, classy card! your blog pointed me to Joy's blog so thanks for that and for all the nice comments on my cards. i'm sort of negligent on making comments - will have to get better.

Sanne said...

What a beautiful card Dawn - love the colors and your little butterflies ;)

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! Such pretty colors! Welcome back!

Isha Gupta said...

Welcome back Dawn. Gorgeous card and I really like the colors you used. Thanks for stopping by at my blog with your sweet comments...makes my day:))

Anita Rex said...

Great job on the sketch Dawn! I love the colors and that you used butterflies!!

Dotty Jo said...

Sweet and simple - love those butterflies! BTW, I've got candy on offer until Thursday evening so why not drop by and take a look! Jo x

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really pretty and so soft and serene! I love that die you used, very classy!

Pajalu said...

I love what you did with the sketch Dawn. You do such beautiful cards xoxoxoxoxo

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful. Love the touch of green on your card and the little butterflies.