Thursday 10 March 2011

Double Bow

Over at Simply Scraping Crafts this weeks challenge is to use a double bow on your card.  The talented Clare has done a video (here) that shows you how to do them.  I was lucky to get some seam binding from Donna which I coloured with distress ink to use on my card.

Elegant Birthday

I also found this video by Clare.  It is how to make a stamped die cut frame.  I decided to incorporate both techniques into my card.  I used three different companies stamps... Hero Arts for the frame edging ( Antique Background), My Favorite Things for the centre sentiment and Inkadinkado flourish for clear embossing in the corners.  I used one of my small handmade flowers for the centre of the bow.  

I can't believe how quickly this week has speed by... I suddenly realised I have done my card for the March CCC.... so it's on my list of cards to make at this weekend's stamp group at Stamp'n'create.... I seem to have lost track of the time... I spend lots of time blogging and looking and commenting on the lovely work I see, and not so much on making my own!!!!  Get heaps of ideas though... now to put them into practise.

Thanks for stopping by.... Take care

6 comments:

Lin said...

This turned out really pretty, Dawn! And thanks for the links! And I know exactly what you mean about blog-hopping :) There's so much out there for inspiration!!

Barb said...

I get lost in visiting and commenting too, Dawn. The time flies by! Love this beautiful card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful! LOVE the color contrast on the ribbon against the deep black color!

Scrumplescrunch said...

"You are not alone",
Now, there's a great saying, it has so many connotations.
I have not done my CCC either Dawn and I also intend to do it at SG.
We are all guilty of spending far too much time blogging and commenting, but then, where would we get our inspiration if not from this forum, it is not a given that we produce a card every day, or even every week what is important is that we enjoy the process of creating for ourselves.
Great Card Dawn.
Smiles:)

Tilly said...

Love the simplicity of this Dawn, and the colours too. Would you mind e-mailing me so I have your e-mail address as I have a question for you. elowezil@hotmail.com
Thanks so much.

Suzanne C said...

Very elegant and love your double bow! Beautiful card.