Monday 14 February 2011

More Saturday stamping....

Tonight I want to share two more of the cards I made on Saturday.   I don't have a certain style, preferring just to make what feels good.  I have lots and lots of stamps.... I can help myself buying new ones.  At present I probably have about 5 stamps I haven't even inked up yet!!!!!  But one new set I got last week had an outing.

Pure Innocence

This set is from Pure Innocence and is called " Being Cute is What I Do…"  I stamped it on water card stock and used Copics to colour her hair and face and then stamped the image again onto dotted PP and black paper and pieced the pieces.  The dotted paper was blue dots, but I used a Tombow marker to change the colour to tie in with the flower centre.  The PP I used were from My Grafico - a free set that I got awhile ago.  I printed out the four colours onto one A4 sheet and then trimmed them.  I saw a neat technique on Gina K's Stamp TV that showed how to make a faux corner fold.  I had to add a piece of PP down the front, as I wasn't concentrating while I was using my Scor-pal to fold it.... I finished it off with a sentiment by Hero Arts.

I have just realised that 6 out of the 7 cards I made on Saturday had at least one Hero Arts stamp on it.... They are great stamps and are my favourites.  I'd say around 80% of stamps are by Hero Arts .

My next share is definitely a Hero Arts card..... I purchased the Wish You Were Here set on Saturday as I have wanted a chair stamp for some time.  And it was the last set in store....

Thinking of you

I used some of the left over PP from the earlier card and stamped the Envelope pattern over it and then the chair stamp.  I cut out the chair and layered it onto a circle I had with me, cut out of a paint chip. I then layered that onto an other piece of the PP.  Then I added to  the pink card and the white card base.  I used a Spellbinders tag to cut out the sentiment and the added some distress ink to soften the look.  I finished off by adding some pearls to the chair back.

I'm writing this on a very hot humid night.  The last few days have been very humid again.  At 10.00pm on Saturday night it was still 21degrees.   And it feels like that now... plus I'm sitting with the laptop sitting on my lap as I am watching CSI while typing this.  All the new seasons TV programmes have started and all the good stuff is on at the same time!!!!!!!!!

Have a great week.

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards! I'm currently obsessed with that little PI girl and can't stop paper piecing her myself! Jo x

Deirdre said...

Dawn, love what you created. That paper pieced cutie is just adorable.

Happy Valentine's to you. Hugs, Deirdre

Lin said...

Two sweet cards! The Pure Innocence little girl is adorable, and your chair card is very elegant!! (I have yet to ink this one up - baaaad me!)

Barb said...

Fun cards today, Dawn! Love them both! Stay cool!

Vicky said...

Beautiful cards :) Sounds like you had a very busy but enjoyable day on Saturday. Big hugs xx

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wonderful cards Dawn. I so love that sweet little girl and that chair looks so great the way you used it here. Thanks for all you do at Die Cut Diva's. We so do appreciate you. Hugs.

Tilly said...

Love your chair card Dawn. I'm also a chair stamp collector at the moment, and must add this one to my stash now! (PTI, Memory Box and Whimsey Doodles have lovely ones too.)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hi Dawn
As I have seen all the cards you made in real time, it is very interesting to see them posted up as they do have a different look.
The beads on the chair look better than the photo shows.
'Miss pure innocence ' is just that. The sentiment appears to be a misnomer, seeing she has no smile, but the card made me smile anyway.
Lovely cards.

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful cards, Dawn! The first one is such a cutie! I love your design and great paper piecing! The chair looks so pretty with the beautiful pp and beading!

Suzanne C said...

Love those PI images and your card is so sweet. The armchair card sets a cozy scene and is lovely.