Monday 6 December 2010

Some crafting at last.......

seem like forever since I did some crafting..... what with the wedding, having my parents here, working and addressing Christmas cards......as well as worrying about my hubby's sister in England - her melanoma has returned - this time metathesized on some of her organs and bones.  A few prayers would be appreciated as this is his 3rd sister to get cancer!!!!

I have some cards to show you that I made with my Mum a few days before the wedding... and then a couple I did recently.  I did make one for the Hero Arts Flickr group - for Pippa97 ( Marijke) but till I hear she has received it, I'll not post it.....

So to start, Mum and I got a bit of a production line going for some cards for her.... Using my favourite Starry Night cling by Hero Arts - using lots of different colours of ink and many different sentiments.....
Production Line


and this one I did was inspired by a picture in a shop magazine

Blue Wreath

( visit my Flickr for details)

Today's make was a very quick and simple card made following the instructions in my latest Papercraft Essentials magazine.  It is usually a couple of months behind England where it is produced.... but it is a mag I enjoy.  This issue had some lovely papers and decoupage sheets from CraftuPrint  a website that has wonderful images, sheets etc that you can purchase.
Quick card

I was pleased with the result.  It made a slightly smaller card than usual, but it looks sweet.  I added stickles and a gem and layered the centre panel on pop dots.

Oh well... I still have a number of cards to write in and address, so back to it.... plus I still have the annual Turley Family letter to write...
take care

8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

I love all the card you show but the last one is so sweet Dawn and woow you made cards with your MOM ...my Mom she can good cooking but no cardmaking hehehe LOL...I hope you are doing well and have a bit time to see my Empty Blog...I just have time to making cards last Saturday night only 2 hehe cause the school is makes me tired Dawn...hugs

Lin said...

I LOVE what you're doing with the Starry Night stamp - beautiful washes of colors. And I'm totally CASING that blue and gold wreath - GORGEOUS!!

Barb said...

Love the soft, pastel colors on your Starry Night cards! That wreath is so beautiful too! Love the gold on the deep blue! Your last card is such an interesting shape and so festive with the lovely colors and patterns! I'm very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Such sad and scary news. She'll be in my prayers, Dawn. Hugs to you!

Sanne said...

Glad to hear that you are back at your crafting table Dawn. What a gorgeous set of cards - love the colors in them!

Scrumplescrunch said...

I was going to contact you today if there was not a post, thought there maybe something wrong, very very sorry to here about your sister-in-law Dawn, it does not sound good.
The cards are great, I love the wreath one and of course the Starry nights are just perfect the way you have done them, your Mum would have been thrilled.
Smiles and Hugs :)ooo
See you on Saturday at stamp group?

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your quick cards, Dawn. Love the varied colors and shading of background! My thoughts and prayers are with your DH's sister-in-law! xo

Isha Gupta said...

Love all the cards Dawn. I am loving both of these stamps so much....wish I win at Heroarts challenge soon:)

Suzanne C said...

Glad to see you crafting again. :) Love the multi colored backgrounds on your trees. The wreath is elegant and the holly card is gorgeous!