Thursday 16 December 2010

Hero Arts Flickr group Christmas card swap

The lovely Anita organised a Christmas card swap via the Flickr Hero Arts group and I just had to take part..... I SO LOVE getting mail from all round the world.  Being here in New Zealand means that anything I take part in means overseas mail arriving.....

My recipient was Marijke ( aka Pippa67).  Here is the card I made

I used a small musical stamp for the centre which I stamped then distressed.  I layered this onto the blue card which I distressed with inks and my fingernail... then the whole panel was added to a kraft card base.  I then stamped three trees from an old Hero Arts set, cut them out added some glitter and glossy accents - and then after I had photographed it and before I sent it to Marijke I added some red gems.


I received a wonderful card from Ivy ( Ishouldbesleeping) but due to the Neighbourhood Barbeque being at our place yesterday and the constant rain today, I haven't taken a photo of yet.

Talking about the barbeque.... what a beauty.  We had rain on Tuesday with hot sticky weather and the same again today, but yesterday afternoon it cleared nicely and we had a lovely evening.  Every year we host the houses around us to a barbeque.  It is BYO and we invite the 8 houses nearby, this year adding a 9th as we recently meet Noeline who lives 2 houses away... She has lived there longer than we have ( 18years for us) and this year was the first time we had actually meet her!!!!!!!!!  Last night we had 10 turn up from 6 houses.  Plus a couple of little ones... all in all a great night with most everyone not leaving till 10.30pm.  It was such a lovely evening we were able to eat outside and stay out all night. ( apart from some of us having to resort to bug spray for the mosquitoes)  Totally enjoyed but by the time I tided up and got to bed it was late and this morning I struggled to rise on time....

that's it for me for now.... off for an early night.

10 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like a fun barbecue, Dawn! Love the card you sent to Pippa! Bet she does too!

Nancy said...

Wonderful Christmas card, Dawn! I really love that you used blue for the background, it's so lovely.
Your barbecue party sounds like so much fun...I love it when you share these little snippets of your life in NZ!
bless you

Anita Rex said...

Dawn what a lovely card you sent! Love your design and those trees! Your bbq sounds like so much fun, what a great idea, a Neighbor bbq!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Love your little trees. I agree Dawn any mail arriving from OS, especially a hand made card is always a joyous experience, as it is not always one can appreciate the work entailed in a photo.
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the vintagey feel to your card with the old sheet music! So fun to hear about your lovely barbeque, it's keeping me warm here!

Jacqueline said...

Wow, really love this design and the distressing Dawn!!
I also want to thank you for the BEAUTIFUL Christmas card - the first time I have seen this stamp being used so close by! Thanks I love it!

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning card Dawn, lucky Pippa. It seems strange you talking about Barbeques when we are having snow. Wish it was summer here!!

Unknown said...

beautiful card!!!! :)

Virginia L. said...

I love the music BG for the trees! Just fabulous, Dawn! BBQ sounds so remote to us here in North America --we are dealing with lots and lots of snow! I am not envious,I am not envious,I am not envious,I am not envious....

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Love the music background and the perfectly placed trees. So funny to hear of your muggy barbecue when we are in the midst of a blizzard. :)