Monday 9 August 2010

More Penny Black's


)
I have a few Penny Black stamps and have found they suit the Pearlescent paints for colouring in. I did one yesterday afternoon and another one this afternoon. They are so quick to colour using this medium.

Yesterday I also used Card Patterns #76 sketch -
Card Patterns #76


I changed it about a bit... putting the scallop edge up the top rather than at the bottom.
I used some PP I found on my desk...( not sure who it's by) and the green for the scallop and the sentiment are from Paint chips. I painted the Penny Black mice with Pearlescent paints and die cut the circle. I then sponged Distress ink with the die still in place. - Broken China for the sky and Bundled Sage for the grass. The Kaiser flower was sprayed with home-made glimmer mist... ( Wild Honey re-inker and Perfect Pearls mixed together) I added a small green button and the green pearls.

Today's card is also for the Caardvarks challenge ( Christmas Tag or mini card)  I made a 4 x 3 3/4 inch card with a Penny Black Slapstick stamp
Caardvarks Christmas challenge


I stamped with Versafine Black and quickly embossed with clear EP. I then used Pearlescent paints to colour the image. Cut it to size and stuck to the red base. Added a Peel Craft sentiment.  ( made a mess with the first one so had to added a piece of card with it on to cover the boo boo!!) A really nice a quick card.

Went back to work today, but still coughing a lot so came home at lunch time... everyone was getting annoyed at the noise I was making!!!!    MUST GET BETTER SOON!!!!  The countdown is on... 9 more sleeps!!!!

take care and have a great week.

12 comments:

Amy C said...

These are adorable. I love the cute little mice. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both of your cards are so cute! Hope you feel better soon!

Diana said...

Isn't Penny Black great? ADORABLE cards Dawn. Thanks for visiting me!

Ayana Posadas said...

Adorable card, Dawn!
Those mice are so cute! :)

Jill said...

SOOO cute, Dawn! I just love stopping over here and seeing what you've been creating! :)

Janetcraft said...

cute Penny Black ! you did it so cutie...

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really darling images on your cards, love PB too, don't think I will dive into them just yet though, still checking out other types of stamps as well!

stampingandstitching said...

These are so cute Dawn and again your colouring is gorgeous!

Nathalia Castellon said...

Hopefully you're feeling better by now so you can enjoy the weekend cough free! Your Christmas card is absolutely adorable, those Penny Black stamps really bring so much whimsy and cuteness! TFS!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable cards! Love the painting on the images!

claudia shadler said...

oh my goodness, what adorable cards Dawn! luv the way u colored them and the mice r adorable! thanks for the lovely comment! :D

C

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn love the green card so cutee Images...and the Merry christmas one is totally cuuuutee...love your coloring super dear...