Saturday 29 May 2010

For a special person... be well soon

The adorable Deborah has not been well.  She has been suffering back problems and has been restricted in her movement and ability to sit at a computer or her craft table for long.... This wonderful woman is always thinking of others.... organising challenges for us to take part in as well as many other wonderful things so a few of us decided she needed "pay-back" and we sent her some cards to say we were thinking of her and wishing her well for improvement in her back issues.

I did this card -
It is CASE'd from an English Magazine called Cardmaking and Papercraft. I adapted their card to the stamps and nestibilities I had. I stamped the white background with the Flowers and Dots background in Key Lime chalk ink. I used the same stamp with Stazon on acetate and then cut out the bigger butterfly. I stamped the Inkadinkado flourish on to white card and layered it onto the green. Add lots of clear gems for some added bling and also added gems to the smaller green butterfly and stuck it on top of the acetate . I used the Dahlia nestibility to make the flower with words on it. Added some faux stitching and all done.

Deborah has now told me she has received this card so I can share it.  I hope all the cards made Deborah feel better knowing we all care!  I wish her a speedy recovery from this issue ( having been there - know how painful this can be)

Hope you weekend is going well - I've got a couple of cards to share tomorrow.... been waiting between rain showers to photo.

7 comments:

Sanne said...

Love your card for Deborah Dawn - so elegant!!!!

Tilly said...

This is SO pretty, Dawn! Great job. Love the colours.

Barb said...

So pretty, Dawn! I love your design and the layered butterfly! Beautiful gems and colors too!! :)

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Butterfly Dawn...I believe Deborah will love this...this is a sweeet and soft color card...love your BG and that black butterfly gehind the green :)

Anita Rex said...

Lucky Deborah to recieve this card! :> Sorry tohear she isn't feeling well! I love the butterflies and of course the swirl!

Unknown said...

I was very lucky to receive this card, Dawn - and so very, very blessed as well. Thank you so, soooo, so much for thinking of me!

Suzanne C said...

So elegant and lovely! What a nice thought to send it off to Deborah.