Saturday 6 March 2010

Spring has sprung in the Northern Hemisphere!!!

I was reading my niece's face book and she was saying how pleased she was Spring has come to Canada.  She lives in Toronto with her husband who is a Canadian.  So when I saw Caardvarks photo inspiration challenge - a lovely set of birdcages - I decided to combine a number of challenges and make a Spring card for Rachel.  I recently bought the Hero Arts Digi kit " and your bird can sing" and this is what I came up with
 
I started by resizing and printing the birdcage onto the cream cardstock.  I then used a negative from a nesties oval as a mask/template and sponged over the birdcase in Antique Linen distress ink.  I then overstamped the Hero Arts Old French writing in Sahara Sand Versamagic ink.  I added the "Happy spring" in black to stand out.  I matted onto the bright yellow and added the yellow butterflies (cut with a Martha Stewart punch) with some Kindyglitz on them.  Finished iwth the pale yellow ribbon.  I am also entering this into PaperPlay Challenges "Just Because" as I am sending it off to Rachel.  Plus it fits the Spring theme at Hero Arts...
I am dying to make some more bird-cage cards now I have this kit.  I have seen some wonderful examples using the stamp... 
I'm not sure what happened but I lost my lovely blog template last week, so decided a change was needed so I hope you like my new blog look.  There are so many lovely ones out there but Shabbyblogs.com have some really pretty ones as well as the headers.
Well thanks for popping in for a visit... I'm off to make some more cards - lots of birthday's this month.
Take care and have a great weekend all.




19 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Dawn! Love what you did with the birdcage digit kit! I love the yellow in this and the background stamping is lovely. Your niece lives about 1-2 hours away from me, so I totally understand how much she wants Spring right NOW. This sure will cheer her up! Because it did for me :)

Anonymous said...

Extremely sweet!! The yellow butterflies really set it off :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is absolutely darling! Love the birdcage, the yellow butterflies, and the light hint of beige combined into your color scheme, or is that light yellow? And LOVEEE your blog makeover! Love that big flower on the right hand side! Beautiful!

Amy C said...

Fabulous card!! I love the colors and the writing on the background. Awesome job with the photo inspiration challenge!!

Peet said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dawn!! Great take on the challenge!

Deirdre said...

Dawn, great take on the photo inspiration. Great card. Am loving the blog makeover... wow.... stunning.

Monika Reeck said...

Wow Dawn sooooo pretty I love the soft color behind the birdcage and the butterfly also very nice touch...great take on the Photo Inspiration agree with Deirdre...Lovely BLOG TOP (I mean the cat on the top of your Blog is your cuteee card)

Eva said...

Ohhh...this is gorgeous....wonderful take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Caardvarks!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

gorgeous card - it's perfect :)

donna mikasa said...

Yes! Please make more birdcage cards! This is gorgeous, Dawn! I love how you sponged inside the Nesties, too! And your blog is gorgeous! Perfect for spring with the lovely sunflower!

donna mikasa said...

OH! Do you know you can see your "old" blog background after the comment is posted? Just for a few seconds! A flash of baby blue....your old blog background doesn't want to go..........

Julie M said...

Perfect spring card, Dawn. Love the colours.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Vanessa said...

Super card, Dawn!! Love everything about it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Diana said...

What a lovely card Dawn. Love your creations. Thanks for being a loyal visitor to my blog!

Tanis said...

WOW!!! I love how this one is so OBVIOUSLY inspired by the photo, yet the colours are completely different! GREAT take on the challenge!

Sanne said...

Hi Dawn! So glad that my CCC arrived safely at your place - and happy that you like it, too! I joined your blog as a follower - love your cards!
Greetings Sanne

Jacqueline said...

This is such a gorgeous card Dawn! Good luck with the challenge!

Mabel said...

Fabulous job!!! great card!!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Love how it turned out and yep looks like you need to make some more cards using it. Love your new header and template. Very pretty.