Thursday 4 March 2010

Internet Issues....

 Finally I'm back on line after two nights of frustration.... Tuesday night I decided I NEEDED the Hero Arts Birdcage digital image after seeing all these wonderful cards from Virginia here and here and here. So off I went to 2peasinabucket... and bought it.  Paid for it okay, but the moment I tried to download it.... well the internet threw a spazz... it kept disconnecting me...and on it went all evening!!! Thank goodness you downloads stay at 2peas or I'd have been stuck... okay thought to myself.... will try again Wed night... guess what - same thing kept happening so onto the phone to my provider... ( call centre in India....so could hardly understand the call centre rep..). he kept saying the same thing over and over and I must admit to losing my cool.... as I kept saying the same thing over and over to him and he obviously didn't understand me.  When he went to put me onto a technical person, the lines were all busy so he said he'd call me back.... well that was 8.30pm so I said not after 9.30pm... anyway about 10 past 9 a techie rang.... Yay he could speak English!!!!  so for the next half hour I was moving the modem all over the house to see if it was a problem with the incoming line.  He then did something at his end which at least meant the internet wasn't dropping out.  He even said he's call back this afternoon ( I was home doing my CV) and he DID... right on time.  Thank goodness I'm back on line albeit a bit slow... all to do with the fact I have to run my phone line from the jack point in the bedroom into the room next door - about 12 feet of extension.  Now have to either get a longer Ethernet cord or a wireless USB for my desktop box.   Very frustrating for two nights!!!!
Today I was planning on coming home at lunch time to finish off my C.V. - just too busy at work to do it... but I woke at 3.00am with a mini migraine.  Pain relief didn't do much to help so stayed at home in bed till nearly lunch-time.  Much better... then did a bit of the C.V before heading off to Stamp Zone for a browse.  Didn't get much - just some stamp cleaner - but had a good chat with Jackie.
So now for a couple of cards I made over the past few days.  First the Motivet image I coloured the other night and the card I made using Mojo Monday # 127 sketch.
 
 
I was very pleased with the way the colouring went with the kitty.  I used 2 different greys and a white pencil.  When I finished colouring it, I watered down some Liquid Pearls (White Opal) and painted it all over to give the shimmery look of H2O's.  I am sending this to my friend Sue who has cancer and is not at all well.  Just to cheer her up and let her know I am thinking of her.
Next is a card I was asked to do for an 80th birthday.  Inside it says " the more candles the bigger the wish"
 
 Well thanks for reading this rather long post tonight.... but I feel better getting the frustration of my internet issues off my chest!!!  Wishing you all a great rest of the week... the weekend is nearly here!!!
PS... still haven't made any bird cage cards although finally downloaded.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, no! I hate when technical issues make our lives difficult! Can`t wait to see your birdcage cards - love the image and bought it last week! Your kitty card is adorable and your birthday card is fab!

Hugs,
Vanessa

donna mikasa said...

Eeeek!! I feel your pain!! And I felt so frustrated for you!! We'll all be looking forward to when you post a card with the birdcage! I love the little kitty--great coloring!

Deirdre said...

Hate when there are technical issues...... but just saw over on Vanessa's blog that you won the giveaway - all the Cosmo Cricket paper...woohooooo!! hopefully that news makes the headache go away........ delighted for you.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Dawn, you poor thing!! I hope all is well now and that it looks like you've sorted things out! The internet and computers can be so mystifying sometimes! Lovely card, such a cute image! I can't wait to see what you do with the birdcage digi!

Michele Kovack said...

Your cards are so sweet! I hate when I have computer troubles!!! So Aggravating! Glad it is working ok now.....

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Dawn...yuhuu you are on line again...I love your kitty colour too it is soo cute and wonderful coloring...the second card also wonderful in green....both are lovely card dear...thanks for commenting on my blog ...love, Monika

Anita Rex said...

Oh no! What an internet story! I have yet to conquer the digital craze I had to have someone else put it in word for me! I know how sad! I really like the bit about them being in INDIA! Can't wait to see a card created with it! Love today's cards!

Suzanne C said...

Sorry about the technical issues. (Of course I know you solved them) Love the card the cat is adorable. The other birthday card is beautiful!