Friday 20 November 2009

Teddies and Trees


Issue 70 of Cardmarking and Papercraft  has arrived in NZ.  It is the October issue ( out in England late Sept).  It had a neat set of free Bently Bear stamps.  So tonight I stamped some of them to colour and made this card.  I stamped the image in Versafine Black and clear embossed it to give it some oomph.  I used watercolour pencils and blended them with a clear marker - worked really well.  ( I couldn't find the aquapen in the mess on my desk, if the truth be told)
I then cut the coloured image out with a circle nestie, cut the pp in a scallop and added another larger white scallop.  I then used a bit of the pp on the card and popped the circle on top.  Simple but quite effective.   Think it needs something more.... but it will do.


I also finished off this card tonight.  I had started it over the weekend.  I cut the PP ( In my minds eye), added a bit of distress ink round the edge and layered it onto the dark brown card.  I hadn't quite decided what to do with it otherwise, as the pp is lovely on it's own.  So decided to cut some of the trees out of the spare pp and decoupage them.  I added some kindyglitz  and a brad for the star at the top.  I then found the scalloped piece in my scrap pile.  This had come from the cutout on a pillow box I had made to put choc's in.  I am making a few of them for my work colleagues for Christmas... and have ended up with a pile of cut scallops.  This lead me to think of the latest Hero Arts Challenge - timmings.  So I added the sentiment in white embossing and added to the card.     I really like the colours together.  As my photo is taken at night, it doesn't really show the best.

Thanks for stopping by.   The weekend has started here, so hope you all have a great weekend ... 5 weeks today and it will be Christmas Day!!!!!

6 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, your cards are wonderful as always. I'm thinking of your friend going through such a rough time. Take care xoxoxoxoxoxo

Vanessa said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Great weekend to you, too!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the teddy bear stamp!! And the glimmer on your tree card is fantastic, can you believe how quickly the holidays are upon us, it's crazy!

Suzanne C said...

Both cards are lovely! The christmas trees are so pretty and shiny on the second card and the bear is adorable!

Virginia L. said...

I love both cards and how you use the paper for the bear card! Simply sweet! I also love the glittery trees and the red sentiment is perfect! Hard to believe Christmas is not that far away any more...Have a great weekend, Dawn!

Jacqueline said...

This is so pretty Dawn, love that vintage pink!! And hey, I am still waiting to see a little vintage creation from you...........!!