Monday 9 November 2009

Card for Judy


My partner for Deborah's card chain challenge was the wonderful Judy.  I have to admit when you look at her photostream ( look here)  I was a bit daunted.  This is one talented lady.  Anyway I just decided I had to go for it.... and this is what came about.  I didn't follow Deborah's sketch fully ( I chose to have 3 strips instead of 4) I had this lovely patterned paper - not sure of the make or where I got it - but I just loved the delicate colours.  As any of you who are regular readers of this blog know, I LIKE butterflies.  So the card had to have some of those on it as well.   One of the themes of this months challenge was to be thanksgiving or gratitude.  Here in New Zealand we do not celebrate Thanksgiving so I think this sentiment works well for gratitude.  We should all try to find Joy everyday in everything we do...
Judy I hope you enjoyed it.

And now.... my winning roll continues.....tonight I read Jennifer McGuire's wonderful blog and to my surprise, she had a random giveaway and I got picked,.... how cool is that!!!!  More goodies arriving my my mail box....

Thanks for stopping by... I do appreciate it.

10 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a pretty card!!! And yay for winning JM blog candy!!!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous card for Judy! She now has a blog, too! And congrats on winning goodies from Jennifer! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

And that awesome card is hanging over my desk as we speak! I am so privileged to have it. Thank you for your kind words about my photostream! It is I who is overwhelmed by the talent among us! Thank you for my lovely card. I love your blog.. Judy

Suzanne C said...

Whoo Hoo! Just saw you won some goodies from Jennifer. Yeah! Love this card. So beautiful!

Vanessa said...

This card is gorgeous! Love it! The design is fab!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Virginia L. said...

You have captured Judy's styele! I must say this one looks like a Judy-made card! Love the pattern pp on the three panels. Butterflies are lovely touch!! FANTASTIC!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is such a wonderful card, you know the background colors are my absolute favorite, so light and delicate!

Deirdre said...

Dawn
Just saw that you won goodies from Jennifer McGuire...wooohoooo for you. Delighted for you.
Deirdre

Nancy said...

Your card is so soft and pretty, I'm sure Judy will absolutely love it! Congrats on your random prize too, so happy for you!

Jacqueline said...

This is one beautiful card Dawn!!