Friday 2 October 2009

More ATC's


First off tonight a couple of pics of the backgrounds I made the other night.  The single sheet is my distressed one.  I used Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters and Walnut stain and then spritzed it with water to cause the dots on it.  The others are the Alcohol ink backgrounds.  I used a mixture of colours on each one.  Purples and blues together, greens and blues together and one with butterscotch, red and green together.  These are to send to a lady I meet in Cairns who is also a card maker.


Now for the ATC's I did last night. This first one is a hybrid card.  The butterfly is a digi one from Hero Arts Flutterby Digikit available at 2peasinabucket. I used Lucy's instructions to resize the stamp in Word, printed it out and used my aqua crayons to colour it in.  I then put a few dots of Liquid pearls on the edges.  The background was some alcohol inks that I blended onto cardstock ( not glossy) with Purple Twilight and Wild Plum with silver fixative. Quite a different look than putting it on glossy card.  I then overstamped with Antique Brocade stamp in Pansy Impress Ink.  Distressed the edge of the sentiment in the Pansy as well.


Next ATC also used the Flutterby Digikit. This time I used a brush in Photoshop ( still learning how to do this!!!)  I created a background paper with the butterfly.  I cut it to size, added the ribbons, sentiment from Hero Arts and a large silver heart gem ( unknown type)  A very easy and simple ATC

Third and last ATC for the night used one of my favourite stamps - HA Three Ferns.  This is some of the distress paper I made the other night.  I stamped the ferns in Old Mahogany Distress ink.  The word "HOPE" was a rub-on that didn't..... not sure why but it wouldn't go on, so ended up having to use a marker pen to go over the letters.  Finished with a button and all done.
I am hoping that I will be able to enter the Hero Arts ATC swap, but as it opens at 4.00am NZ time, I might not be in time.  Visit the blog to see the ATC's that  Sharri has been doing and then visit the Flickr group for the wonderful creations that have been made so far.
Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Adorable ATCs! I hope you don`t mind, I have another blog award for you :)

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! You've been busy! Pretty papers and ATCs! Just gorgeous! :-)

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous Dawn! That top card is an inspirational ATC - love it!!

Bo! said...

http://www.i-do-it-yourself.com/category/freebies-downloads/page/3/

This link has some butterfly things you might be interested in mummy... otherwise there are some other things that might take your fancy... :)