Tuesday 23 June 2009

Orange and blue



This weeks challenge at Hero Arts is about colours - complementry colours on the colour wheel. During the week there are different colour schemes. One of them is orange and blue. Now these are NOT colours I work with together so it was quite the challenge for me. Luckily yesterday I had bought a new distress ink called Spiced Marmalade. I'm going to try out some of Jennifer's inking over at 2peasinabucket. Anyway it worked well tonight with some blue and orange card I found in my stash.
For the first one, I stamped and clear embossed in the spiced marmalade onto pale blue card, and layered it onto a dark orange scallop circle. I used my new Spellbinder flower in dark blue with a tiny circle punch in orange for the centre. Some dark blue ribbon and then layered the circle onto a paler orange base card and all done. Nice and quick.

For the 2nd card, I used the dark orange as the base card and layered two colours of blue PP onto it, after distressing the edges with the orange ink. I used my long rectangle nestie to cut and emboss the lighter orange paper onto which I stamped Delicate leaves and the thinking of you sentiment. A few gems and it was finished. Although as I said, these are not colours I'd choose, I am pleased with the results.

Well I'm off to bed now as it back to work for me tomorrow.... been off for 7 working days with leave and then being sick... so it will be a struggle in the morning to get myself motivated to get up ( and not think about staying home crafting and blog hopping all day)
take care and thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

I love your woodgrain and that Blue Flower, and the second card simple but that color is sooo cool there...lovely card both Dawn....how are u today...

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I've been taking Jennifer's Thinking Inking class, too! On TwoPeas, I'm Prospurring. How can I find you over there?

Blue and orange can be a tough combination! I like your second card a lot. I have that blue paper with the white polka dots in my stash somewhere. And the branch stamp, too. It turned out great.

And I love Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink! :-)