Sunday 10 May 2009

Inspired by Lin



Yesterday was club day at my local stamp store ( Stamp'n'create). Started at 10.30am and went through to 4.00pm. Love this day every month, sharing time with like-minded ladies. This week I took along my new stamp set by Hero Arts - High Heels..... I was amazed at how one stamp set could generate so many different cards. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so didn't get any photos of the creations Helen, Sue & the others made. I finished off my calendar from last week and then did this card for the HA challenge this week. It is to do a card inspired by someone else. This card was inspired by Lin's card here. I really "card lifted" as I used many of the same things. I used the Printed flowers set which I embossed in white and then rubbed the Distress inks - Faded Jeans and Shabby shutters over. I used the Scattered Leaves set to overstamp in Shabby shutters on the paper and stamp the two leaves I attached with the flowers. The butterfly is from a Inkadinkadoo set - embossed in white and rubbed with Faded Jeans. I really enjoyed distressing - so used Shabby shutters round the text page and Faded Jeans round the kraft paper which I used my fingernail to distress. All then matted on to a blue Bazzil Bling card. Lin makes the most amazing cards. I really love her style. Check out her Flickr photostream.

3 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn this card is amazing, good luck with this week's challenge. I think you did a fantastic job making this card, it's so lovely.

Tonje said...

Very nice card

Kelly Booth said...

Lovew this card Dawn...so VERY pretty!!