Tuesday 31 March 2009

Hero Arts Turns one


Happy Blogversary..... I had so much inspiration from the blog and the through the Flickr HA group since I started stamping and card making this time last year. For a long time I was a reader and watcher till I finally plucked up courage in January to start posting my cards to Flickr and the HA Group. Since then I think ( no - I know) I have improved my skills.... have spend a heap but had a great time with HA stamps. I have corresponded with some lovely ladies through the group, made comments on some awesome creations and generally had a great time. I love reading all the discussion threads, love looking at the blog and the wonderful design team and their themes for the week and the super card ideas. technique tutorials etc.

I have just done a card that will do for both the HA challenge single layer and Raspberry Suite Colour challenge #2

The teal is not as "teally" as I thought... but will have to do. I stamped the butterfly first and then masked it. Stamped the Flower wood background in white.... (should have embossed it as well) added the flower and button and the sentiment. Put some kindyglitz on the wings to give it a bit of a lift.
used:
HA C4725 Monarch Butterfly
HA S5142 Flower Wood Background
Penny Black 2049E Happy Birthday

The brown card stock was a Bazzil scalloped edged card in choc brown.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I love the Hero Arts blog and Flickr pool, too! Cool card! :-)